CHAPTER TEN

Moo Shu to Go

~

I rounded the corner when a piece of crumpled up paper landed in front of me, I peered down at it, turning my head to the side to see Clary sitting on the steps with her sketchpad on her lap.

I watched as she stood up and walked away, not even noticing my presence as she went.

I bent down and picked up the piece of paper before sitting down in the place the young redhead once was. A wave of anger ran within me as I peered down at the drawing of Valentine.

You know when you get that feeling, the feeling of wanting to scream and let everyone know you're not okay. When in reality all you do is stay silent and continue on with your day. Well that's exactly how I felt right at this moment.

I may never let it show that I'm scared or frightened. Valentine Morgenstern is my best friends evil father who doesn't care about anything or anybody but himself.

He was the man who harmed my real mother, Elizabeth, by putting extra angel blood into her meals while at night my real father, Roman,
would inject her with Demon blood as she slept.

Roman and Valentine were best friends, effectively making Roman join in with Valentines twisted games, Elizabeth never knew of what Roman was doing, and she never will.

A lone tear ran down my face, I made no move to wipe it away since I was alone in the lifeless corridor. I needed answers on my family, and i knew the person I needed to talk to wouldn't be able to meet with me until night.
.
.
.
"Clary, it looks like you're not even trying." I scolded as I watched the Redhead try and train, I was practicing with my blade since I wanted to perfect my structure of attack.

"We can't all be as good as you on your first day." Clary responded, I smirked and placed my blade down onto the table. "Do you wanna fight me?"

"What?" Clary eyes widened as she placed her weapon down onto the floor and walked towards me.

"Oh come on." I whined slightly "we're both gonna be stuck here all day, so why not make it enjoyable?"

Clary sighed and nodded her head, making her tied up red curls bounce slightly. I smiled in Victorious and went straight into the fighting stance I had seen other Shadowhunters do when they would train.

Clary tried to copy my stance but failed slightly, I smiled and chuckled lightly. We began to circle each other, Clary ran forward and sent a punch my way but I blocked it by grabbing her arm and swinging it behind her back and holding it there. She began to struggle to get me away from her.

I let her arm go and pushed her away gently "First rule: Don't rush straight into attacking the person by punching them, it's obvious."

Clary nodded as we got into fighting stance again, facing each other as we began to circle again. Clary's eyes traveled down to my legs before she looked back up at me.