CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Morning Star

~

I vaguely heard voices surrounding me while a small groan left my throat, my eyes slowly fluttering open before I closed them again from the bright lights shining on me.

"Ariana." I heard Alec yell as he pulled me into his lap, I opened my eyes and gazed up at him, raising my hand to his cheek "Lydia, go to Lydia." I whispered, Alec turned his head to see Lydia laying there, Magnus crouching down beside her.

"She's alive." Magnus sighed out in relief, checking her pulse.

"It was Hodge." I muttered as I saw Alec look back down at me, confusion running over his features before he realized what I was implying. "I told Jace so, tell him that." I weakly chuckled before feeling my eyes close again, falling unconscious.
.
.
.
Clary's POV

"How are they?" I asked, looking at Alec as he walked towards us, I felt bad for Lydia but I was more worried about Ariana.

"Better." Alec replied "Magnus is doing what he can to help them, but it's bad, and the Cup is definitely missing." He paused, looking over at Jace who looked worried and angry "You can't go and see her yet, Jace." Alec muttered. Jace nodded and took a deep breath, I could see that he was hiding his tears, he wanted to be with Ariana.

"So is hodge." Jace said after a few seconds, wiping his eyes quickly.

"Maybe he was attacked, too." Izzy responded, clicking away at the compute, looking for a security video of what happened. "Maybe he was the one to attack them." I suggested.

"Hodge?" Izzy asked as she turned to look at me in shock "No way, we've known him our entire lives, he would never do that t us." We watched the screen until we saw Lydia and Ariana walk in on the video, laughing about something.

It was going fine until we saw Ariana get thrown into the wall by Hodge making me gasp, Hodge walked over to Lydia and knocked her out, picking up the cup and walking back over to Ariana who seemed to say something to him before he bashed her head against the wall, knocking her out also.

"Oh my god." I gasped again, placing my hand over my mouth "Ariana was right." I looked over at Jace who had tears in his eyes, the camera was still zoomed in on Ariana laying lifelessly on the floor. His fist clenching together tightly by his side.

"I led him right to the cup." He muttered, trying to not let the tears fall "He hurt Ariana."

"We treated him like family." Alec added, placing his hand onto Jace's shoulder "How could he do this to us?"