CHAPTER SEVEN

Raising Hell

~

"Alec and Izzy are securing the perimeter." Jace spoke as Clary and I followed him towards the line of people who were waiting to enter the club.

"Are you sure this is a good idea." Clary asked, moving herself so that she was standing in between Jace and I, I could help but roll my eyes at her attempt of trying to push me away from him. "The last time we were here, this place was crawling with vampires."

"Relax, all Downworlders hang out here." Jace smirked "We just came on vampire night." I was confused on what they were talking about, but didn't feel the need to ask, i didn't really care to know right now.

"Right." Clary responded "And when is  all this gonna sound normal to me?" She questioned before pointing at me "because I'm sure it also sounds weird to, Ari."

"I don't know." Jace shook his head, glancing at me for a few seconds before he turned to look behind him.

"All clear." Alec spoke to Jace while Isabelle walked over and hooked her arm through mine. "Do you think red is my color?" She asked me, pointing towards the beautiful necklace around her neck, the same necklace that Magnus wanted.

"Iz, with a hot body like yours, everything's your color." I smirked "but shouldn't you take it off?"

"Damn, you're right." Izzy frowned "But I make this necklace look so good."

"Ari's right." Alec spoke up "Will you take it off? I'm certain Magnus Bane doesn't want drool on his ruby when we make the exchange."

I giggled and nudged Izzy who responded to her brother "You know, I wouldn't be so sure. Most men like it when I admire their jewels."

I made a weird snorting noise while I laughed, "Isabelle, just give it to me." I giggled, holding my hand out, Izzy giggled as she took it off and placed it into the palm of my hand.

"You're both such Buzzkills." She smiled "but I love you both."

I winked at her as I gently pushed Clary out of the way and stood next to Jace, dangling the necklace on my fingers for  him to take. Jace smiled down at me and took it, letting his fingers stay in contact with mine for a few seconds longer.

A few minutes later we had finally made it into the club, the music was loud and I was almost certain that it would damage my hearing. But partying is fun, so it's worth it.

Jace held onto my hand as we walked passed the people on the dance floor, since I almost got pulled away by some drunk guy who was dancing. "Blend in, keep your weapons ready."