CHAPTER FOUR

The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy

~

After telling both boys about who I really am, it resulted in Alec scolding Isabelle for not being responsible about what could have happened. Jace just smirked and started to explain about how he would train me to fight and teach me about runes.

After that I decided to walk around to find my brother, we needed to talk about what was happening around us and in our lives. I finally spotted him walking up the corridor with Clary, the both of them talking.

"Simon." I spoke, grabbing his arm as he walked passed me, he turned to face me, not saying a word "Can we talk?"

"I'll meet you guys in the weapons room." Clary smiled "I'll tell the others where you both are."

I smiled at Clary as she continued to walk away from us, until she was out of our sights. I took a deep breath and turned towards Simon who was looking down at the floor.

"I may have been born a Gilbert, but I'll always be a Lewis." I spoke, placing my hand onto his shoulder, he look up at me and sighed.

"But we aren't twins, we're not even related." Simon said, his eyes watering slightly.

I frowned and shook my head "I'll always be your twin, even if it's not by blood." Simon smiled slightly as I gently punched his shoulder "you need me, I'm your Evil twin."

"Promise me something?" Simon spoke up, grabbing both my hands in his, I looked into his eyes and nodded my head.

"Anything." I nodded.

"Promise me that nothing will change between us, that you will always be my sister, no matter what, even if you're not my real sister."

"I promise, Si." I nodded my head, wrapping my arms around his torso, resting my head against his chest. He returned the hug and rested his head on top of mine.

"I love you, so much." He whispered, kissing my head. "I love you, too." I smiled, tightening my arms around him.

This was something i needed, without Simon in my life it would feel like a part of me was missing, I needed him more then he needed me. Forever in my heart he will be my twin, blood or not, he is my brother.

The Gilbert's hold no space in my heart since I never knew them, I have only ever known myself as a Lewis and that is all I will ever know myself as and I'm happy with that. If someone would have told me yesterday that I would find out that I wasn't related to my family, I would have laughed it off and walked away.