CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

The World Inverted

~

I walked towards the park, the sun shining against my face, I pulled off my leather jacket and hooked it over my arm, leaving me in just my dark jeans and black t-shift.

I looked over and saw Clary wondering around, I smiled and ran over to her "Clary!" I exclaimed, Clary looked up and smiled.

"Hey, Ari." She said, placing her phone into her pocket. "You look good, how do you feel not having a demon inside of you." She whispered.

"Normal." I smiled "oh and it's Remi in this dimension."

"Your parents never died?" Clary asked while I shook my head with a small smile "Well that's good, you'll finally get to know them." She continued.

"True." I chuckled before looking over her shoulder and bit my lip, wow did Jace look hot serving coffees from the truck.

"Yes, Jace is over there." Clary giggled before grabbing my hand and pulling me over to a table where Izzy, Alec and Simon were sitting at. "I've found her." Clary piped up as I smiled at them.

Isabelle was dressed up all nerdy, It was actually adorable and suited her, while Alec was dressed up all smart and proper. Definitely different than the siblings I know back home. "Remi." Isabelle smiled shyly "I see you've found your necklace."

"Yeah, dad gave it to me this morning." I smiled at her before looking over at Simon, it was hard knowing that I wasn't his sister here, I was just his friend.

"Does it go with your dress?" Izzy spoke up again, looking at me through her glasses. "You and Clary are still getting ready at mine right?"

"Ready for what?" I questioned before Simon quickly informed us that he was going to get me some coffee since he already got Clary's hers before hand.

"That is not even a little funny." Alec spoke up "I have poured my heart and soul into planning this anniversary party for the Institute." Okay, this was very out of character for Alec "And the theme is amazing." He smirked, Okay, I like this Alec better.

"Sounds wonderful." I smiled, Alec smiled back at me.

"My best friend better think it's wonderful." Alec sassed me, I smirked and nodded my head, oh my, this is absolutely wonderful.

"But seriously, what is with this guy and the Mad-Hatter?" Alec spoke up again, directing it towards Izzy.

"Visionaries are quirky crazy." She responded "You don't get 4D internet tech thinking inside the box."

"I'm beginning to wonder if you don't have a thing for your boss." Alec smirked at her while Izzy chuckled.

"Like. If clary's dad would ever go for me." She spoke dreamily, smiling widely, I chuckled and smirked. "You like Clary Dad?"