CHAPTER THREE

The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy

~

"Clary?" Simon spoke out after a minute of silence, I looked up from my place on the steps and stared at the redhead, wondering who she will choose. "Clary, Come on." Simon spoke again "we gotta go."

"Simon, I think Jace can help us." Clary spoke as she turned towards Simon, taking his hand in hers.

My eyes widened when I heard sirens wailing in the distance, Jace walked over and reached his hand out towards me, I hesitated before placing my hand in his, letting him pull me up to stand.

"How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy is even gonna try—" Simon started before Jace sighed and cut him off. "Mundane, we do not have the time."

I gave Simon a stern look as Jace spoke, I felt like I could trust Jace for some really weird reason, but I just knew I could.

Jace and I walked ahead towards the church doors while Clary and my brother walked behind, Simon's probably happy since Clary's holding his hand.

I followed Jace into the church and scrunched my noise up at the look
Of it. "I thought it would be more, nice in here." I muttered, looking over at Jace who smirked and shook his head before lifting up the sleeve of his leather jacket and took out a pen looking thing, placing it to his arm, burning his flesh while I stepped back slightly. "What the actual fuck." I whispered more to myself.

"I know." Clary spoke placing her hand onto my shoulder "just trust me." How could I trust her when pretty boy is over here burning himself, like what?

"But he's like, burning himself." Simon spoke up, turning to look at Clary who just sighed, I felt a hand intertwine with mine and pull me to the other side of Jace, I'm also guessing the hand belonged to him also.

I laughed as he also grabbed onto my brothers hand who looked shocked "Buddy what's going on?" Simon asked trying to pull his hand away. "I'm not your type, man."

"Just enjoy it, Simon." I laughed, but then gasped as the inside of the church began to change, I was in awe, I was in bloody awe at everything right now. "It's so beautiful." I spoke pulling away from Jace and started to walk down the corridor, towards the people who were working.

"Ari!" Clary spoke as she walked after me "don't walk off like that, you don't know where you're going." She scolded me, a stern look on her face.

"You're not my mother Clary." I scoffed slightly, crossing my arms "plus I wasn't going walk to far from you, I was just looking around."

"What is this place?" Simon spoke up as we started to follow Jace towards the main area of the church "There's a lot of gear in here. What'd they do, rob a tech shop?"

"Probably." I muttered, slipping my hand into Simon's, to give us both comfort while Jace tapped on the computer screen, soon enough a security video of the outside came on, showing us the outside of the church and the police looking around it.