CHAPTER TWENTY

Rise Up

~

"Um, thank you for, um—" I gestured towards my now bandaged arm, Raphael just smiled and nodded his head gently. "I'm just going to see how Clary and Simon are doing."

I walked out of his room and towards the living area, or should I say dead area since vampires aren't living, okay, I'll stop. "Simon, what if I brought you back because I wanted us both to be different?" I heard Clary say, I stopped walking and leaned against the wall, that's why Clary did this to him, because she wanted to pull him further into the Shadow World?

"I mean, suddenly Ariana and I were these new people, and you were still living in our old world." Clary continued, making my blood boil ever so slightly "Maybe I-I just couldn't fight this deep need for—"

"For us to be together." Simon cut in. "Yes." Clary responded. "Look, I understand if you hate me now." She continued "Ariana already does because i didn't listen to her but I understand if you do too."

"Be angry with you?" Simon replied "yeah." He paused for a few seconds "Hate you? Never."

I looked down at the floor and closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath. "Ariana, come here, please." I heard Simon ask, I opened my eyes and cursed under my breath, I forgot that he's got vampire hearing now.

I walked around the corner and saw Clary and Simon looking at me "Clary." I said, placing my hands against the cage, holding onto it "I don't hate you, I never could, but I'm just disappointed and angry, you need to start listening to what others say in the future." I paused for a few Second, letting her understand what I was saying. "Everyone has done so much for you, they've betrayed the Clave for you, they've put their jobs on the line. you need to start giving back and listening to what they have to say."

"I'm sorry." Clary whispered, standing up and walking over to me, placing her hands over mine that were holding the cage "I'm so sorry for what I did to Simon, I'm quickly forgetting that I'm not really the one really suffering here." She paused while I smiled thinly "You've found out You're part demon, your real family died protecting you, and that you're a doppelgänger."

"All that in nearly one week." I laughed with no humor, I bit my lip as clary sighed.

"I miss the way we used to be, Ari, can we ever go back to the way it used to be?"

I shrugged "Maybe one day, Clary, but right now I need to figure out how to properly forgive you, but apart from that, we can be friends again, just not the best friends we used to be."

"I'll do whatever it takes to make it up to you." Clary replied "I need you with me."

"I believe the cavalry had arrived." Raphael spoke as he walked past me and unlocked the cage, I smiled at the thought of seeing Jace again, it feels like ages since I've last seen him,
But I know it's only been a day. "You'll wanna use the back stairs." Raphael lead us towards the back entrance before he walked away after I thanked him.