CHAPTER ELEVEN

Moo Shu to Go

~

My eyes fluttered open, the sound of talking could vaguely be heard as I lifted my head up from the table it was laying on. Simon and Clary were sat on either side of me.

"Looks like the Little doppelgänger is awake." One of the men sitting in front of me smirked while crossing his arms. I just glared at him and leaned back in the chair, also noticing that my leather jacket was no longer around my shoulders since I accidentally left it at the loft.

"As I was saying." Clary spoke up, placing her cuffed hands onto the table "Alaric, did you arrest us for trespassing or something, because news flash, I was in my own apartment."

"We're just having a little conversation." The idiot man spoke
up again "that's all."

"So why did you knock me out and handcuff us?" I raised my brow, placing my cuffed hands onto the table, leaning forward "Is that how you get people to talk to you? Since you can't any other way?"

The idiot growled slightly as Alaric shook his head at him. "I knew you would fight back, so I knocked you out." He glared at me "And I think I actually prefer you being knocked out, too."

"Too bad, sweetie." I smirked "I'm awake now."

"I bet this guy has one of the scariest online profiles ever." Simon whispered into my ear, but it was still loud enough for the others to hear.

"Yeah with probably only one friend." I smiled innocently to the man.

"These two are funny " the Idiot smirked "I like funny."

"Look, I know you're scared of Luke." Alaric said as he leaned towards Clary "He's trying to find you, I can keep you safe." I turned my head away from the other man and towards Alaric, already feeling like their would be another reason why they brought us here "You just need to tell us where the Mortal Cup is." And there it is.

"Everyone thinks Clary knows where this stupid cup is." I scoffed "Why don't you just go and buy a Cup from the shop and put a label on it saying 'Mortal'?"

"Ariana, please shut up." Clary hissed at me, I scowled and put my middle
finger up at her the best I could before turning to look at Simon who was chuckling quietly. "I honestly don't know where it is."

"Think Clary, I'm trying to give you a chance." Alaric spoke with urgency lacing his voice.

"I can't help you." Clary said, annoyed "I'm sorry. Now will you please let us go?"