CHAPTER NINE

Moo Shu to Go

~

I guess I wasn't getting much sleep since Clary came running into my room, looking for Jace, of course she was shocked when she saw him sit up, half awake from the bed.

A few minutes later Jace and I were standing next to her, Jace was holding Clary's necklace in his hands while she explained to us that she saw Valentine when she touched it and that he spoke to her directly.

"And he spoke to you?" Jace questioned, looking away from the necklace and towards Clary.

"He said my name." The Redhead looked frightened. "He said 'Your mother for the Cup'."

"Who said that?" Alec questioned as he walked into my room, I groaned and sat down on my bed. Yeah let's all gather in my room, make it a party, maybe we should also invite Isabelle?

"Valentine." I spoke up, crossing my arms, turning to look at my best friend "He has her mother." I pointed towards Clary who looked annoyed that I was explaining this to Alec.

"And he can speak to her through that necklace." Alec asked me, I chuckled as Clary frowned. "I'm right here, Alec." She huffed.

"I know." Alec responded "But he spoke to you right here in the Institute, through that necklace?"

"It's like when I saw Dot." Clary spoke up, I stood up and walked over to Jace who was still looking at the necklace. I reached up and touched the crystal, my vision fading out.

"Ah, Remi Gilbert." Valentine said as he turned to look at me "I know you're listening to me, so listen carefully." His tone of voice changed slightly "You must know that I want the Cup to exchange for Jocelyn, but." He chuckled slightly "I also want you, Remi or is it Ariana now? I can never keep up with names."

Valentine walked towards a woman who was floating in a purple mist, her red hair hanging freely as Valentine gently touched her cheek "I want you to join me, so I want you and the Cup, and then I will gladly give Jocelyn back." He smirked looking right towards me.

I gasped and pulled my hand away from the crystal like it burned me, Clary, Alec and Jace stared at me in shock and worry.

"Did you just-?" Clary questioned as she walked towards me "What did you see?"

"Valentine, he, uh." I stammered slightly "he told me he wants the Cup, and-" I paused, should I really tell them that valentine wants me to join him? All they will do is put me on lockdown and not let me out of the Institute, meaning no going to see Simon or joining them on missions.