CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

This World Inverted

~

Jace's hand held onto mine as we followed Meliorn and Clary. I was in awe as I looked around at the sites, it was so magical, so beautiful.

"Toto, We're definitely not in Kansas anymore." Clary said, looking around.

"Welcome to the Seelie Glade, Clary Fairchild, you too, Remi Gilbert." I was about to correct him before I saw the small smirk on his face, he did it on purpose. "The remotest edges of it."

"Um, how did we get here?" I asked.

"There are entrances all through the mundane world." Jace replied, squeezing my hand for comfort. "You just have to know where to look." Meliorn added.

"Why did we have to come here to find my father?" Clary questioned.

"Because of your necklace." Meliorn answered while he pointed at her "it's a portal shard."

"Tell us something we don't know." Jace muttered, making me chuckle while leaning my head on his arm.

"How does it work?" Meliorn asked Clary, a hint of curiosity twinkling in his eyes.

"When I touch the crystal and I think of someone, I can see where they are." She replied, I bit my lip, kinda sounds like my powers, except I don't need a necklace.

"I'm curious, Shadowhunter, who knows so much about Portals." Meliorn started "did you never wonder why this portal shard doesn't behave the way normal portals do?"

"Normal Portals can only take you to places you've been." Jace responded "I guess I never really thought about it."

"I see Isabelle is the smart one in the family." Meliorn spoke making Clary and I chuckle, but Jace stopped walking making me stop also since I was holding his hand. Meliorn stopped and looked over at Clary "Your Portal shard works the way it does because it's a piece of a portal for another dimension."

"Another dimension?" I questioned with a smile one my face.

"You're saying there's a portal in some other universe that can take us to anyone if we just think of them?" Jace asked.

"If you can find the only Portal still standing in that dimension it will take you to your father." Meliorn smiled at Clary before he started to walk away.

We continued to walk after him, Clary and I sharing a look of slight worry but also excitement "These trees are where the alternate dimensions intersect the Seelie realm." Meliorn
Spoke up as we walked out into a clearing and up to two intertwined trees.