CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Rise Up

I stared at the others, my heart beating quickly, almost making me breathless

I stared at the others, my heart beating quickly, almost making me breathless. The looks on their faces were shock and fear. That alone made me want to step into the shadows and hide, already hating myself and what I've become.

"I-I'm sorry." I spoke out loud, Isabelle, who was still standing in front of me, held her hand out, quietly asking me to take it. I hesitantly lifted my hand up before moving it back down again. "I-I can't be here right now, I need to leave." I muttered, I didn't know if I would harm my friends, i can't take that chance. I feel like my humanity is slowly slipping away into the darkness.

I almost feel nothing.

I turned around and walked towards the bridge that was above us, I closed my eyes before running and jumping, landing on the railings of the bridge. I turned my head and peered down at the others who were staring up at me, even from up here I could see and feel the worry and terror coming from them. For some reason I didn't feel anything except for the hint of Anger pushing through the wall the demon had created, until I felt it flowing within me, half of my humanity returning.

I jumped off the railing and onto the road, walking down it, already feeling my face turn back to normal, I was no longer being masked by my demon, I was myself again. I'm sure that I've disappointed everyone, including Jace for not helping them.

But I couldn't, I terrified myself beyond belief, as soon as I saw myself, something broke within me, like I was truly seeing who I was for the first time, and I didn't like it. Not one bit.

I took a deep breath before walking into the apartment building of Magnus Bane, I entered the elevator and pressed the button that would take me to the top floor, where Magnus was. As soon as the doors opened I walked towards the wooden door and knocked on it gently.

I grew impatient after a few seconds as he didn't answer and bashed my knuckles against the wooden door viciously. "I'm coming!" He yelled from inside before the door opened, his face turning from the annoyed one to worry. "Biscuit, come in." He said after a few seconds.

I walked past him and towards the living room and straight towards his alcohol stash and poured myself a glass of the strongest alcohol there was before downing it. "What's wrong, dear?" Magnus asked as he walked into the room, seeing me pouring my third drink. "I haven't seen someone drink this much besides me."

"Well, I've finally met my demon." I said, swirling the drink around in the glass, not making eye contact with him. "And lets just say, it didn't go down well with me or the others."

"What happened?" He asked, I heard the flicking of pages and turned to see him holding a book on his lap, a black pen placed in his hand, while he gestured for me to sit in the chair in front of him.