CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

The World Inverted// Blood Calls to Blood.

~

"What's the emergency?" Clary questioned we walked into Isabelle's room, Izzy turned around making me gasp "Oh, my god! What happened to your face?" I questioned as Clary and I walked over to her.

"Kickboxing class." She spoke up "I thought, 'Why not? quick class after work and boom! Home in time to see you two'."

"Well, you definitely got the 'boom' Part right." I muttered, placing my hand up to her face, seeing how badly bruised her face was.

"Andrea's foot right into my face." Izzy cried "She has to pick today to finally land her roundhouse?" Izzy began to panic.

"It's okay. We'll fix it." Clary reassured her, but Izzy wasn't having it as she began to pace.

"Oh, my god, what are people gonna think? And then Alec worked to hard to plan this. I cannot not go to the party." She started to rant "And what am I supposed to do?" She walked my direction and I gently pushed her down onto the bed.

"Hey, calm down." I smiled before turning to Clary "Get the concealer, it does wonders." I winked at Izzy when I said the last part.

"Okay." Izzy smiled while she picked up a mad hatter hat "But then we have to fix you and Jace, because you two not talking real messed with my, Chi."

I furrowed my brows at her as Clary walked back over with the concealer and started to apply it to Izzy's face after taking off the girls glasses "Are you sure this is the right color?" Izzy asked.

"Yes, Iz." Clary smiled as she continued to cover the bruise up.

"Okay, because if I don't show up to the party, your dad and Simon are so gonna kill me."

"So, um." I started as Clary nodded at me "do you think you could get a friend of ours onto the guest list tonight?"

"Um, well if you can make this work? I'll do anything for you guys." She smiled.
.
.
.
.
The party was in full swing, Alec definitely did do an amazing job at it. My mother and father were standing by Valentine as they were talking to each other, it was weird to watch.

I walked over and smiled, Valentines looked at me "Hello, Remi!" He exclaimed as he reached over and gave me a hug and kissed the top of my head "It's lovely to see you again."

"You, too." I smiled, feeling myself dazing away again. A hand came onto my shoulder, the feeling not going away as I looked up to see Elizabeth smiling widely as she pulled me away from the others. "Is Jace coming?" She asked.