CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Malec

~

"Jace, you're coming to Alec's bachelor party, right?" Isabelle asked as soon as we stepped through the Institute doors, the three of us were still shocked about what happed a few moments ago, so I guess the sad look on my face attracted Izzy as she looked at me for a few moments longer then the others.

"No." Jace responded "He doesn't want me there, and I'm swamped." I sighed and moved away from them, just wanting to be on my one for a while, seeing Ragnor die in front of us was horrific, especially when he's a good friend of Magnus's.

It hurts me knowing that Magnus just lost a close friend, and now he will have to hear that the guy he's falling for is getting married to Lydia. That poor Warlock, he's been through too much, he just needs happiness.

"Ariana." I heard Lydia call out as I went to walk past her, i stopped and saw her gesturing for me the walk over to her, the man she was talking to smiled before walking away just as I stood in front of her. "How can I help you, Lydia?" I smiled, crossing my arms.

"Since you're Alec's best friend as you say, I was wondering if you would like to be my second maid of honor, next to Isabelle of course."

I smiled widely and nodded "I would love to, Lydia." Wow, this was shocking, I never knew she would ask me to be her maid of honor, Well second, but still!

"But I want you to walk me down the isle, you know, be there for me, I guess." She muttered, I leaned over and gave her a hug, being careful not to break the tablet in her hands.

"Of course I will, I'll be happy to walk you down the isle." I responded as I pulled away, first she asks me to be her maid of honor and now she's asking me to walk her down the isle? Maybe Lydia really is a nice person.

"I don't mean to sound mean, but why me?" I asked, re-crossing my arms again, Lydia chuckled and placed the tablet down.

"I like you, Ari." She responded "You're a good friend to Alec, you nice to me, I just want you to be a big part of this wedding." I nodded my head as I listened "But don't tell Alec I asked you, I want it to be a surprise when you walk me down, plus I have the perfect dress for you already picked out."

"You do?" I asked, smiling. Lydia nodded her head, smiling widely. "I got it the same day I got mine, it's beautiful, even better than Isabelle's." She whispered the last part making me giggle.

"Ariana!" I heard Jace shout, I turned my head to the side, seeing him standing there, gesturing for me to walk over.

"Ah, the boyfriend calls for you." Lydia smirked, I playfully glared while she chuckled. "Anyway, I will come and get you later, you need to try on the dress."