CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Bad Blood

~

"You honestly couldn't have just gone to the shop and bought a regular wine glass?" I questioned, holding the Cup in my hands, Jace's hands placed over mine. I tilted my head slightly, waiting for him to reply.

"That wine glass saved mine and Clary's life." Jace responded "Plus, a regular cup couldn't control demons or make new Shadowhunters."

"Damn." I muttered, looking down at the Cup "Let's just hope valentine doesn't get this Cup then, I don't need him controlling me or anything."

"That won't happen."

"But-but What If it does?" I stammered, looking back up, his gaze locking onto mine. "What if I can't stop him."

"First rule of shadowhunting." Jace started, smiling warmly "When something explodes, just keep walking. Never think twice, never look away."

"Oh yeah?" I smirked "what's the second rule, Pretty-boy?"

Before he could respond, Izzy's whip took the cup from our hands and placed it into hers. "There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heels." She smirked.

"That's my new favorite rule." I spoke up, turning to face her as she walked towards me. Jace kissed my cheek before walking away from Izzy and I.

Clary walked over and sighed, taking the cup away from Izzy "So this is where it's been." She muttered, giving me a slight glare. I mean I didn't technically steal the cup from her room while she was sleeping, I just kinda borrowed it, without asking.

Clary placed the cup back into the tarot card, making sure it is safe and away from anyone wanting to steal it. I'm still all up for the idea of buying a cup from the shop and using that as a decoy, but everyone thinks it stupid.

"I'm going to check on, Simon." I said to Clary, the redhead nodded before I walked away from them and pulled out my phone, dialing Simon's number.

It rang for a while before ending, I furrowed my brows and tried again, but like last time, there was no answer. Was Simon okay? Was he in trouble.

I turned my head to see the others were in a deep conversation about something, I vaguely heard then arguing about what to do with the cup. My opinion would be to give it to this Clave person and not deal with it anymore, but I knew Clary wouldn't allow that.

Alec and Clary started to walk away while I walked over to Izzy and Jace. "What happened" I questioned.

"Clary decided to keep the cup and not hand it over to the Clave." Izzy responded.