Surprise pt 2

Destiny P.O.V

"August?" I asked shocked

"Yeah in the flesh baby" He said with that cute down south accent

All I could say was damn. I mean he looked good. Way better than he did 2 years ago. More tattoos. Buffed up a little.

Damn.

I see why I wanted him so bad.

"Did u hear what I said " August said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Um no what did u say?"

"I said is Lil mama here yours?" He asked staring between Sei and I.

"Yeah she is," I whispered and pushed her curls behind her right ear.

I looked up at him and noticed him tighten his jaw. Like he was upset.

"So long time no see, what u been up to," He asked forcing a smile.

"Nothing much just working and being a mother," I said holding Sei.

"I tired mommy" Sei said yawning.

"Um I'm gonna take her home-"

"I think we should talk, ya know about what happened," He said cutting me off.

"Uh yeah sure, you can follow me back to my place. I live a couple blocks over."

"Ok."

I grabbed my bad and was about to grab Sei but August beats me to it.

"I got her she falling asleep anyways" He said and held his hand out in front of him, signaling me to go ahead. I stood there a minute, because I'm not used to other people having my baby. I barely even want the people at the daycare to be around her, let alone August, from the hurt he caused me.

"Des.. Come on. I got her," he said and turned back to keep walking. He put Sei in her carseat in the back of my car and walked over to his. I watched him the whole way, debating if I was making the right choice by letting him come over to the house. He gave me a strange look and got in his car. I sat down in my drivers seat and looked back at Sei, who was safely fastened in her carseat. I sighed and crank my car up.

"Lord be with us."

A few minutes later, I pulled into the driveway of the guest house and hopped out. August did the same and followed us into the house. Seiko fell asleep in the car, so I took her and put her in the bed. I slowly made my way back into the living room area to meet with Aug. I sat down on the couch that was directly in front of him and we had an intense stare down. I didn't say anything, I was just waiting on him to break the ice.

"I first wanna say, I apologize for the shit I put you through. For setting you up, for shooting Chris, and most importantly, hitting you. That wasn't even like me ma," he said and rubbed his hands down his face. I nodded my head and looked away from him.

"It's okay. That was 2 years ago. You have to let things go somewhere down the line, you know?" He nodded.

"You have a nice house. How have you been? Where is Chris?"

I swallowed hard and part my lips to speak, but nothing came out.

"This isn't my house. I have been making it August, and I don't know I haven't seen or talked to him," I shrugged.

"What you mean this isn't your house? Whose is it then?"

"The people I work for at the diner," I said lowly, in shame.

"You work at a diner? What the hell?" Warm tears fell down my face as he looked at me.

"Not everyone can do as good as you are doing August. You fucked my life up. Don't sit here in my face like your life was made for you. You had to get it how you live. That's the same shit I'm out here doing, just for me and my daughter. Nobody can help me. The lil 9 dollars I make an hour, go to feeding my daughter. You know how many nights I have went without eating? PLENTY! I'm in this because of you. I blame you still, but I forgave you," I said all in one breath. August turned his face up at me and sat up in the couch.