You can't handle the truth

Destiny P.O.V

Chris truly got me fucked up thinking he Sei wasn't his. That's some straight up bull shit and he knows it. After we left that day I told August what happened.

"Like why the fuck would he deny my baby man. August I told u something like this would happen," I said and paced back and forth on the floor, running my hands through my scalp.

"Destiny just calm down Iight. Come here," he said and patted his lap. I sat down sideways on him and looked into his eyes.

"You gotta understand that, us as men got to much pride and be scared as hell to put that shit to the side. Think about it for a minute baby. If you was a nigga, and a female, that you haven't talked to in a while was like. 'Yo, you got a kid' and the child walking already, talking, everything, you would do the same shit Chris is doing. He doesn't understand that he is the only other nigga that hit that besides me," August said and gripped the inside of my thigh and kissed my neck. I smiled and kissed his temples.

"Yeah, but still. You know what she means to me."

"Yeah, I know. But I can make you this promise." I frowned and took his glasses off his face.

"What promise?"

"Even when the test come back and it does prove that Chris is the daddy and he still doesn't take the responsibility of Sei, I promise to always be there for her and you," August said and pulled me closer to him.

"You willing to take on that role and be her daddy?" He nodded his head.

"Yeap. Although she ain't mine through blood, I have a bond with her and whether Chris here or not, I'm gone be there for her," Aug said and looked me deep in my eyes.

Just then Sei walked in with her teddy bear in hand. She put her hands up towards August indicating she wanted him to pick her up. He smiled while lifting her up.

I love the bond that they have, and dammit if Chris not gonna step up and be a man to his daughter I know August will.

*A Couple days later*

Seiko, Chris and I sat in the doctors office waiting to be called.

"Mommy I go pee" Sei said loudly

I chuckled getting up and taking her to the little girls room. After she finished her business I started helping her wash her hands.

"Mommy why doesn't my daddy want me? " She asked innocently while I washed her hands.

I dried off her hands and got down to her level looking in to her eyes.

"Sei listen its not like he doesn't want you, Daddy just wants to be 100% sure that your his" I said sighing

"But why wouldn't I be his mommy? " She questioned

I just wanted to kill Chris at this point, This truly broke my heart to have my daughter question why her father wouldnt want her.

I couldn't speak, I couldn't explain to her why to her, there wasn't really a way to. I picked her up and carried her back into the waiting room with me. Once we sat down I wiped a couple stray tears.

Chris P.O.V

I looked up from my phone briefly as Destiny and her little girl walked from the bathroom and sat back down beside me. The little girl sat in between the two of us and burned a hole into the side of my face. I continued to scroll down my Instagram TL, until I felt a small tap on my arm. I looked down over to my right at her.

"Yes?" I said in my nice voice.

"Why you don't want to be my daddy Mr. Chris?" I stared at her for a minute. She looked just like me.