Ch.II My demonic boss

Farrah bites her lips to prevent crying. A big scandal last night. Her name was imprinted in gossip newspapers this morning.

"Duke's Wagner's sister was seen leaving a party with improper outfits. Half naked. Must be quite a wild party for her. Everyone is waiting for the lucky groom to make the happy announcement..."

Farrah crumples the newspaper and tosses it away. It must be the Baron's plan from the start. Tainted her good name and she was forced to marry him.

That's the normal way in dealing big scandals like this one.

(I would rather die than marrying that old prune!)

Farrah knows her brother couldn't do anything to save her face. It's either marriage or live in shame.

Well, she wasn't born as a delicate lady. Never be a gentle flower in conservatory.

Farrah Evangeline choose another option.

Disappear.

She was a peasant before she became a noblewoman. Now she just returns to her origin. No one would find her if she mingled with the peasants.

So Farrah writes a short letter for her brother, Rafe. Explaining everything as short as possible.

"You might have heard about my wild behaviors in the garden. Baron Wolfstone ruined my good name so I would marry him.

I chose to vanish from ton. Forever. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine.

Yours sincerely,

Farrah Evangeline.

*****

Farrah dodges behind a tree when some knights are patrolling town in the night.

She is wearing Rafe's old peasant clothes. She's lucky her brother hadn't thrown all his old clothes away immediately. She found them stuck, half hidden in the lowest part of his wardrobe.

They would be looking for a woman. Not a man. Can't believe his clothes fits her to a tee. Rafe is quite a tall man with well built body. Farrah sighs. She is really a fat woman.

(I'll worry about my waistline later. Right now I have to find a good job with free lodging. My savings won't last forever).

Few pencils, erasers and sketch books in her canvass bag. And some money, not much, she should have saved more money instead of spending them on sweets.

Farrah stares to the night sky above her head. Find an inn to spend a night. Find a job tomorrow morning. She will survive this obstacle. Just need to work again. Back to peasant life.

*****

She is starving. Her money is running low. It has been three days and she hasn't found a decent job yet.