Ch.X I'm here for you

"Wait!"

But the others kept on running without hearing her call.

Lost. Alone in the woods.

Kate got left behind when she stumbles down on a tree roots. Now she's alone in a dark forest.

Got her breast plate on her body. Twin blades in her hands. Food supplies and first aid kits in her backpack. She would be okay. Hopefully.

A hand on her shoulder.

She shrieks a little when she turns around. A walking scarecrow!

"Food..."

"Food..."

"Give... food..."

Kate turns around and starts to dash for her life. The scarecrow leaps and tackles her down easily.

She struggles but the creature takes her backpack easily. Ransacking her stuffs.

Kate draws her twin silver blades. She attacks the scarecrow.

The creature is biting her bread while avoiding her attacks. Munching and devours it quickly.

A kick to his head.

He dodges it easily and grabs her leg. He pulls her closer when she lost her balance.

A kiss to her lips. She is too stunned to react.

"Ugh!"

Her elbow has hit his belly.

Kate jumps backwards. And she strikes again. Her blades aim for his throat now.

The scarecrow avoids it easily.

"I'll pay, Lady! Don't kill me for a lousy bread!" yells him.

(The monster could talk?)

Kate stops attacking him.

She asks, "Who are you?"

The scarecrow takes off his straw hat. He is a man, not a monster. His clothes have turned to rags. Brown facial hair. Gray eyes.

"Oh...gosh...sorry..." apologizes her.

"I will pay. Sorry for attacking you...just too starving. Hadn't eaten anything for three days," apologizes him.

(Gosh! He must think I'm one mangy woman. Attacking him for a bread).

"Sorry...thought you were a monster..."

"The fault was mine...I got lost here for days. Got nothing to eat..."

She's alone in the woods with a stranger. The man who just kissed her.

"I better go. My team would be looking for me," says her while walking away.

The man follows her as she has feared.

"Stop following me!" yells her.

"You are the only source of foods, Lady."

Some monsters have ambushed them. The man draws his sword. He is an agile fighter just like her. They kill the monsters quite easily.

The rest of the beasts fled.

He laughs heartily.  He has a pleasant laughter. Kate's grandma always said to judge a man from his laughter. It's a clue to see his real character.

"Ready to go?" asks him.

"Okay," says her. "What's your name, sugar cube?"

"Angel."