Ch.VIII Luiz's ex-girlfriend

Zorion and Kate are preparing lunch when they arrive.

Kate asks sourly, "Why is she here?"

"Under Council's Order. Be polite, Kate." warns Monk.

"But Luiz would..."

Luiz is walking with a boar on his back. And he greets, "I'm back!"

He drops the boar instantly when he sees Callista. And he asks, "Callie, you are here too?"

He looks very happy to see her again.

Callista says quickly, "Under the Council's order, I was sent here for a special mission."

"I forget. You are married to your job," mocks Luiz coldly.

"Luiz, I'm sorry..." apologizes her.

"I know, Callie. Just do your job and leave us alone."

Farrah never sees him like this. Defensive and abrasive manners.

Callista says, "We believe a werewolf knows where Con's whereabouts. Your old acquaintance, Luiz, Jacques..."

"Can't let him live, Callie? Have to drag us to kill him too?" asks Luiz angrily.

"Luiz..."

A warning tone in Monk's voice is very clear.

Kate defends Luiz by saying, "Jacques was his mentor in the Order, Luc. Like his father. He taught him everything."

"Jacques killed aunt Louisa last month. He has lost all his humanity," says Callista grimly.

Luiz buries his face in his hands.

Kate says, "But Jacques loved her very much..."

"People change when they became werewolves. Not a human anymore. But a beast..." says Callista a bit too calmly.

"It's my fault, okay! I couldn't kill him when I had the chance!" yells Luiz while leaving that spot.

*****

It's already nightfall but Luiz hasn't returned yet.

Farrah got worried so she walks out of the hunting lodge. A hand grabs her hand from the darkness and it really startles her.

It's just Luiz.

He asks, "Could we talk? Not here..."

She nods and follows him.

They stop quite far from the lodge. She is sitting on a huge rock. Waiting for him to get ready.

Luiz sighs and confesses, "I love her. Callista Joscellind. She is Louisa's niece. A sweet innocent woman. But she changed a lot since she joined the Order of Justice. You saw her. Cold like an ice queen."

(Maybe that's why Luc against the idea of letting me joining the Order. He feared I might change too).

"The harsh trainings and killing demons would make anyone turns cold. Death inside. A cold blooded killer," says Luiz.

"Monk did trainings too, right? He is still a good man," defends her.

"You didn't know him before he joined the Order. Before he got his cursed eyes." "I don't..."

"He was a joker, a man with great sense of humor. He was very friendly with others. One wink from him and the ladies fell to his lap easily," says him.