Ch.IV She tortures me

It's a quiet peaceful night in the campsite. Luiz is on guard right now. Farrah has finished her sketch, giving it a final touch.

The others are already fast asleep. Except for their boss. He has set out to practice alone again.

Luiz throws a firewood into the campfire. Feeding the flame so it wouldn't die out. Unlike Monk, he's just a normal fighter. He would need fire to see his surroundings.

Suddenly Luiz asks, "How old are you?"

"Twenty seven," replies her.

"That old? You looked not a day older than twenty."

"Thanks."

Farrah puts her drawing materials into her bag again.

Luiz asks, "Where do you come from?"

"Used to live in Albany village. And moved to Wagner county a year ago."

"Any husband or fiancee?" asks him.

Farrah stares him and asks curiously, "Why?"

"Don't want to face an angry husband or fiancee..."

"Are you flirting me?" asks her.

Luiz smiles widely. He asks, "Are you buying it?"

"Nope."

"Smart woman."

Farrah yawns.

A guy like Luiz Fernandez probably leaves a long trail of heart broken women in the past. She must secure her heart well from his charm.

(I wonder if Rafe has returned from his hunting trip. It has been a month. He must have read my letter. I miss him a lot. I hope he would forgive me some day. Knowing him, he would probably worried sick for me. I better write him a letter).

Farrah lies down to sleep. She would need it. Monk is a crazy man. He would force them into a long march again for sure.

*****

Warm and soft and round.

Monk opens his eyes. And he got frozen. His lips barely touches Farrah's lips.

(What? How did she get here?)

Too fatigue from practice and he just dropped down next to her last night. But there is some decent space between them.

His hand is on her breast. Monk groans in his heart. No wonder it felt warm and soft. He carefully lifts his hand, trying hard not to wake her.

Farrah is smiling in her sleep. She must be dreaming something nice.

Monk moves away slowly so he makes no unnecessary noises.

Farrah is still sleeping like a baby. This woman is torturing him even in her sleep.

Luiz mocks, "Should have slept longer, pal. It must felt like heaven with such soft round cushion. No wonder you slept like a baby."

Monk stares him angrily.

And he asks, "You did this on purpose?" "No, man. You two just kept rolling and entangled to each other. All I did was watching..."

It must be him. It would fit Luiz's personalities for pranks. Or maybe Monk just need someone to whack to let go his frustrations.

Monk says coldly, "Grab your weapon, Luiz."

"Okay, boss."

*****