Ch.VII First Date

Farrah tears and crumples a paper. Another failed sketch. She couldn't concentrate well lately.

The bedroom is already too cramped with their stuffs. Now crumpled papers scattered on it's dusty old wooden floor. Some cobwebs decorate the ceilings, glittering under afternoon sun.

Kate drops by and she asks bluntly, "What's your problem? Never see Monk like that. Looking at everyone with murderous intent."

Farrah laughs nervously. She asks, "What's wrong with me? I'm turning into a sleuth, a fucking whore."

"What?"

Farrah stares her hands. Unable to see Kate's face.

And she confesses, "He conquers me easily everytime we are together. Few kisses and I'm already naked, receiving him. We just had sex in broad daylight. Outdoors. Where anyone could see us. I just don't want to humiliate Rafe anymore."

"Who's Rafe?" asks Kate.

"I'm turning to a slutty whore," says Farrah sadly.

"Oh, Farrah!"

Kate gives her a good hug.

Kate asks, "You won't mind to sleep with any guy available if you're a slutty whore. Do you want to sleep with Zorion?"

Farrah shakes her head.

"How about Luiz? He is a handsome fellow..."

"Of course not! He is my friend! Only Luc..."

"It's because you love him. I will talk to him immediately," says Kate while storming out of the lodge.

Farrah sighs. Trying to make another sketch. Failed again. She throws her sketchbook away in disgust. She falls backwards to the bed. Moldy smelled bedsheet.

This hunting lodge reminded her of her old home. The one they had to sell to cover her father's gambling debts.

Outside the lodge...
Monk is staring Luiz with murderous intent. Kate just got out of the lodge and she suddenly slaps him hard.

She says, "That's for hurting my friend's feelings. We have to talk, cousin. Not here. In private."

They walk further away from the others.
Birds are chirping in the woods. Clear blue sky. But Kate's feelings is far from peaceful.

Finally they stop walking.

Kate folds her hands and asks, "Do you really love Farrah? Or are you just using her for sex?"

"Why?"

"Answer me!"

"I love her," says him.

"Then respect her will. She's totally ashamed, getting fucked outdoors. Felt like a whore, she said."

Monk looks relieved.

He rubs his head and says, "That's the problem? She's embarrassed? Don't need to feel that way. She's pretty and..."

"No woman likes to be treated like a whore, Luc. Mark my words. Don't loose her over trivial matters. You can't find a better woman than her," warns Kate.

"I'm sorry. Thanks, Kate. It won't happen again."

"You better keep her. Or I would hunt you down myself."

Kate leaves him contemplating alone.

*****

Farrah needs more drawing materials. Monk offers to accompany her. It felt weird to be with him again after that grassland incident.