Ch.III The real me

A giant monster with a gigantic club. Never see a troll before. Farrah got totally impressed. She stands in front of it.

And she orders, "Hold still. It's a good pose."

Monk has to push her away before the club got swinged down toward her head. He grumbles, "Bird brain."

Monk fights the trolls and kills two of them. The rest of the trolls have been defeated too. Their team has many strong fighters after all.

The troll's eyes are staring blank to the sky. Grass serves like thick green carpet under the dead corpse. As if the troll was having a leisure nap.

Farrah kneels down next to a dead troll. She makes a sketch of it.

Monk scolds, "Do you have a dead wish or something? Your thick skull won't stand a chance with that club!"

Farrah completely ignores him. She just need a face from the dead troll. She still remembers the pose well.

Farrah kept sketching till it's done. The troll looks alive and threatening in her sketch.

Monk praises, "Your notes and sketches would make a good monster book one day."

Farrah blushes. Monk smiles a little. The funny kid could be shy too.

*****

Farrah is sewing Rafe's old pants right now. She has lost a lot of weight during travelling with Monk and his team. Needs to make a lot of adjustments 'cause her waistline has shrunk a lot.

Farrah has gone through any kind of strict diet back in Rafe's manor.  Failed each time.

Only needs a month travelling to loose all the fat around her waist. Need someone like Monk to make her body in good shape again.

Her belly has become flat. And she has to wrap her breast more carefully now. Luckily she has brought Rafe's cloak with her. She has to wear it despite the hot weather.

(The kid is crazy! He wears a cloak in such a hot weather. I bet he hits his head too hard during his childhood days. Poor kid. Well, at least he could make good sketches).

Monk shakes his head. From all the artists who have travelled with them, this kid sure is the most bizarre one.

Their team always lost their artist in the end. Either he was killed during a combat. Or the artist fled because he feared for his life. Hopefully this kid would stick around longer.

Kate examines Farrah's sewing. And she praises, "Nice handiwork! You are even more feminine than me!"

"Thanks, I guess. But I will never fight like you," says Farrah.

Kate wields twin blades. Agile female warrior. She fights smoothly like a sword dancer in a battlefield.

Even Luciano Monk acknowledge her fighting skills. That's why she could tag along with them although she's a woman.

Kate sits down and says, "I'm thirsty."

She puts a palm to the ground. Water spurts out instantly from underground.

She did it often when she's too tired to go to a river to drink.

Kate's magic element is water. She could freeze her enemies. Or call for heavy rain.

Farrah could only blow her enemies away. Sometime she really envies Kate a lot. Pretty and smart. She must be very popular in ton. If she ever graced them with her presence.