Ch.2 I want you

Sitting on the cold white marble floor. In front of her bedroom door. Thinking. Staring up to the ceiling. Cupids painted above are smiling, mocking him.

 Cupids painted above are smiling, mocking him

Three years of hunting a bride. Failed spectacularly. Now he has a wife. Who wouldn't let him touch her.

(Randall Rudd and Kenneth Godwin. The brother raped her. The werewolf doesn't look like the type who indulged in a decent foreplay. A virgin endured a rough sex. No wonder she doesn't desire sex from me. She got no good past experiences).

Rising his hand to knock on her door. Stops before his knuckle makes any sound.

(I can't... there's no way she would let me in. Our marriage was only on paper. No intercourse).

Rubbing his face with his hands. Feeling frustrated.

(It's my fault. I shouldn't have called her monkey girl. I must make it up for her. Take it slow. As long as needed. She deserves it. I don't want to scare her).

Walking back to his room.

Lying on his bed. Staring to the ceiling. Making plans for tomorrow. His eyes felt heavy...

Afternoon sunlight is illuminating his room. But Dave already fallen into a deep slumber.

*****

Sitting alone for dinner. Rand hasn't returned from HQ yet. Drake has gone to fetch his meal. Must be having fun with a woman who knows where.

No appetite. She hates to eat alone. Even her husband left earlier.

(My fake husband! I shouldn't feel gloomy when he left me. This isn't our honeymoon period. It's just a fake marriage!)

Forcing a spoonful of spaghettis into her mouth. Eat and gain more strength to conquer obstacles. Her father's favorite phrase.

(Oh, dad! I miss you so much... Three years. And I kept hoping you would show up any minute now. Walking in and smiles widely to me again).

Tears fall from her eyes and she weeps silently. Pushing her plate away.

*****

A woman is standing in front of a painting when Drake walks into the Hall.

The spinster with horrible taste in fashion. Penelope Dove.

The large painting of Luciano and Farrah. It was painted to celebrate their first wedding anniversary. Somehow it has enchanted her.