Ch.V Say you love me

(Five job opportunities. Single woman, provide foods and lodgings. I will go to these addresses for a job interview).

Farrah writes down the addresses so she won't forget it.

"Hurry up!" yells Monk when he notices she is stopping in front of board job.

"I'm coming!" yells her back.

They stop for lunch in a local tavern.

Chipped mugs to serve ales. Little cracks on the mahogany wooden round tables. The stools look a bit new. The owner has to replace them last week due to a fight in the tavern.

(I have to leave them for a while. I need to go to job interview. Alone...)

Finally Farrah gathers up her courage and she says, "I need to buy something."

Monk frowns and stares her.

Farrah gulps and she adds, "Woman things."

Kate says cheerfully, "Of course, Dear. I haven't gone shopping for ages. Let's go together."

(Oh, no! What should I do? It would be weird if I rejected her right now).

Finally Farrah goes with Kate to marketplace. To a clothing store. Kate goes to a fitting room to try on some clothes. Farrah takes the chance and leaves the store.

The first address is a bakery, located not too far from the marketplace.

Alas! The position has been filled yesterday. She was too late.

Next address is a house near city hall. The ads said a gentleman is looking for a diligent maid.

(This man isn't looking for a maid. He wants to bed his maid. No way I will work for him).

Farrah inhales a deep breath when she finally leaves the house.

The way the man stares to her breast. The way he caresses her wrist when they shake hands. Giving her worst goosebumps ever.

Farrah is desperate to find a new job. Not that desperate to be a stranger's concubine.

Two men have been following her around town for a while now.

Luiz whistles when he sees Farrah comes out of the house.

He says, "That is Gaston Larpicon. He is the worst womanizer in town. If she worked for him, she would be serving him in his bed most of her times."

Monk hits a tree next to him. He asks, "Why? I thought she loves her work. And I paid her decent salary too."

"Maybe someone has bothered her. Maybe that man is you..."

Monk is silent and he looks guilty.

Luiz asks, "Honest with me. What did you do to her?"

"Just a kiss...well, more than that, I kind of touch her... everywhere...I can't help it. I really wanted her!"

Monk looks away.

Luiz's jaws dropped. Luciano did that?

Monk isn't really his real name. It's his nickname. He earned it after he killed a succubus who tried to seduce him.

Luciano has extreme self control that even a pretty succubus failed to tempt him. Like a true Monk.

And the great Luciano Monk failed to resist Farrah's charm. A simple, naive country girl. She doesn't even wear any make-up at all.

Luiz laughs very hard till his belly hurts. Luciano kept staring at Farrah's back. Following that stubborn foolish woman.

Luiz finally stops laughing. He says, "Just leave it to me. I will bring her back."