(Codex 2) Ch.1 The day I married

This is book 2. Just a short novel about Monk's descendant. The time setting is few hundred years after Monk-Farrah's time.

----------------------------------------------------------
Seductive.

That's the only word to describe her.
Cat's shaped purple eyes. Bronze hair tied into a simple chignon. Smooth cream color skin.

Her hip sways a little when she walks in the crowded ballroom. Her smile is full of seductions. Made a man wanting to spend more time with her. Preferably alone, in her bed.

(God! She's a whore! I'm engaged to a whore!)

His friends drop by to congratulate him. A lucky man to have such a lovely future bride.

David Englebert, Marquee Bourne is silent. His father has arranged this marriage few years ago. After he wasted family fortune in gambling.

Samantha Delarossa, descendant of Luciano Monk. A beautiful rich heiress.

He already dislikes her.

(I would keep wondering how many men have slept with her if I married her. Or how many men will she have during my absence at home. I don't want to marry someone like her).

But he needs her dowries. Not much money left in his pockets. Thanks to his late father, a lousy gambler.

She is dancing with a very handsome man. His long blond hair is tied into a braid, and it reaches his hip.

Drake Mallards, incubus.

(Only insane father would keep an Incubus at home. If she's my daughter, I wouldn't let that demon near her. Not in the same room at least).

Tonight is her first debut. She's only seventeen years old. But she acted too seductive. Too mature for a debutante.

Maybe the Incubus has taught her how to capture men. It's his specialty to lure opposite sex.

(I can't marry her! I have to find another rich heiress. Samantha Delarossa shall not be my Marchioness!)

David (Dave) Englebert has made up his mind. All he needs is to tell the bad news to his grandpa. He wouldn't like this. As Chief of Order of Justice, he is a close friend to Duke Delarossa, her father.

A servant has come to deliver a short message to Lady Delarossa.

"Hunt failed. He is badly injured. Won't last long. Come home at once."

It's Ken's handwritings.

Samantha's face turns pale. Ken wouldn't write to her if it wasn't serious. Drake leads her out of the crowded ballroom. Going straight for home.

Dave inhales a deep breath. Something has happened. Their meeting has been postponed.

Samantha used to be a tomboy little girl. They used to hang out together in her mansion. Now she's too seductive for his taste. Wouldn't mind to marry that tomboy girl. But not this seductive woman.

Gossips spread fast as usual across the ballroom.

Apparently the mad Duke (Sam's father) is in critical condition after the last demon hunt.

Dave sighs.

Another year to hunt for a suitable heiress.

(Hate to rejoice for a man's demise. But at least I got a chance to marry someone I like. Someone who is more suitable to be Marchioness Bourne).