Ch.IX I lost her!

No more flying, or floating high in sky. Bloody moon has finally passed. Everyone is relieved except her.

It takes a month journey to reach Richmond. It is located near a vast forest.

(There! Another letter sent for him! I hope Rafe wouldn't worry too much. He is such a worrywart. I kinda lied in my letter. Saying my boss is a botanist, searching for exotic plants. I couldn't tell him we are hunting werewolves...)

*****

Luiz is drinking alone downstairs. This is a small cottage just out of town. Another of Monk's property. This cottage is in better shape than hunting lodge.

The manager used to rent it to newlyweds for honeymoon.

He stares to the ceilings. Continuous quarrels from upstairs. It seems Monk has told Farrah that she won't participate in werewolf hunt.

A door is slammed hard.

Luiz kept on drinking. Farrah is a brave woman. Wanting to hunt a werewolf.

One bite and you are cursed. Turning into the beast, which you have hunted.

Jacques Lombardo was a good man. A brave demon Hunter. One bite from a dying werewolf. And he became the hunted beast.

"Are you okay, Luiz?" asks Farrah.

She has come down from upstairs. Luiz looks so gloomy like a man who is facing a death sentence.

"Fine."

"You don't look so good."

"Louisa would still be alive. If I weren't such a coward..."

"Or another demon would have killed her. No one could escape death, Luiz," says her.

Luis pointed the bottle to her while saying, "Optimistic as usual. Must be what he likes from you."

"Hey! That's my bottle!" protests him when she snatches the bottle from his hands.

Only half bottle of wine left. Farrah drinks it straight from the bottle. Till the last drop.

The bottle has fallen from her hands. She sits next to Luiz and holds his hand.

"Why? Why I have to love him? Arrogant bastard! Worst than a babysitter! Can't do this! Can't do that! I'm no baby!"

"Farrah, you are drunk..."

"Why I can't fall in love with you? Charming, not moody ..."

Her hands have moved to his cheeks. She leans closer as if wanting to kiss him.

But she misses his lips. She falls to his side and is snoring a little.

Luiz exhales.

He looks upward, staring straight to Monk's eyes. And he lifts his hands from her body instantly.

"Nothing happened! She's drunk! Don't look at me! I didn't offer her any drink! She just took it!"

Monk says nothing. He lifts Farrah gently. Stubborn woman. Can't let her join the hunt. She might be Con's spy. If she weren't a spy, she would be safe here.

*****

(I swear I would never drink again!)

Terrible headache. Continuous vomiting. Feeling a bit nauseous.