Divergent in Disney

Chapter 9

Four POV

I really couldn't believe I had never hung out with these guys before. They were pretty cool.

After we got off the carousel, Tris and I visited some other characters while everyone else went to Splash Mountain. Look, I'm sorry. But I am not to big on heights, and I don't want to get wet. I only told them the second part.

Tris agreed and we told everybody we meet them back at the restaurant.

After we saw a bunch of characters, Tris pointed out Daisy Duck. We hadn't gotten her autograph yet. We hurry over and have to wait in line behind some other people.

"Hey, Four!" I hear Zeke's voice from my left. I turn and see that he has been paired with Shauna. Wow. I bet he is freaking out. He has the biggest crush on her.

"What are you up to man?" He asks.

I shrug, "Tris and I are trying to see how many characters we can get a picture with and an autograph by before lunch."

"Tris! As in Tris Prior?" Zeke asks, looking over my shoulder.

"Yeah, why?"

"The shy kid in ninth?"

I nod and chuckle, "Crazy right. You should see her. She's like a totally different person."

"Maybe the four of us can ride some rides together after lunch." Shauna suggests. "We can all hang out."

"Sounds good." I say smiling. "Have you guys ridden Dumbo yet?"

"Headed there now." Zeke laughs. "See ya, bro."

"See ya in a bit." I say with a wave. When I turn back around, what I see surprises me. Tris is standing there, talking with two other guys. And they are totally hitting on her. And she's just letting it happen?

"No no no." laughs one, "She would totally be Cinderella. I mean, look at that gorgeous blond hair."

Tris laughs, "Cinderella is supposed to be a good dancer. You'd be saying something different if you saw me on a dance floor."

"You strike me more as an Aurora." says the second guy.

"Now that I can live with." Tris smiles.

I step up behind her, "What are you all talking about?" There's an edge in my voice that Tris didn't catch but the others did, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

"We're saying what character we would be if we worked here." Tris answers. She looks at me and cocks her head to the side, "I'm pretty sure you would play a prince." She says.

I'm about to ask why when Tris turns back to the guys, "You're next in line."

"Why don't you go ahead of us?" says the first, stepping aside.

"Thanks." Tris smiles and pulls me over to Daisy. We get a picture and an autograph.

"We should head to the restaurant." Tris says.

"There's a map over there." I point out. "I'll be right back."

"Something wrong?"

I shake my head, "Nah. I'll be right over here."

She shrugs and walks over to the map and squats down to have a look at the bottom where we must be. My eyes scan the faces until I find those two guys again. They're staring past me and don't see me walking up. When I get closer, I follow their line of vision and realize they're staring at Tris' rear.

"Hey!" I say.

They both jump then regain their composure. "Cute girlfriend." says the first.

"She's not my girlfriend." I say quickly.

"So she's available?" Asks the second a little to eagerly for my taste.

I shake my head, "Not for you two."

The first crosses his arms, "Oh really?"

"You both need to back off. Alright?"

They hold up their arms, "Alright." They smile and walk away.

I have an uneasy feeling in my gut as I head back to Tris. They gave up way to easy.

"Hey." Tris said coming up behind me and making me jump. I guess she didn't see it though. I've just had to many experiences with someone coming up behind me. It usually ends in a beating.

I turn and smile, "Hey. You ready?"

She nods and twirls, "Isn't this place just amazing?"

I nod. She twirls again and I notice the wonderful gleam in her eyes. The sun in her hair. Her big smile. Something inside me melts.

"Come on." Tris says smiling.

We go to the restaurant and the first person who sees us is Marcus. I tense up as he makes his way towards us.

"Where's Peter?" he asks.

"He left." I say.

"And?" he asks.

"Well...I..." I stutter.

"The girl I was with bailed too." Tris speaks up, "They didn't want to do anything but shop and flirt. Four an I have been having a lot of fun together though."

I grimace and she blushes, "Getting autographs and pictures of the characters. Riding rides and..."

"I get it." Marcus says holding up his hand. "Four, can I have a word with you?"

I do my best to hide my fear of going off with him and follow the monster to the men's room.

XXX

Tris POV

I watch Four walk off and wonder why he seems so skittish around Mr. Eaton.

Miss Tori came up to me and told me I had to stay with Cara. When I tried to protest, she said it was inappropriate for Four and I to go around the park alone.

Cara gave me a glare and when Miss Tori turned I stuck out me tongue to the princess.

Four came back and sat at a different table than I was at. I know it shouldn't, but it hurt my feelings a little bit.

We ate and when we headed back outside, Cara turned to me suddenly, "I am not doing this stupid kids stuff."

I roll my eyes, "So what do you want to do?"

"Shop." Cara says as if it's obvious.

Peter comes up behind me and slaps me on the shoulder, "Trying to steal my partner, Prior?"

I turn to him and cross my arms, "What?"

I see Four standing there and I can't help but smile a bit. But he's not smiling back.

"I say we go back to our arrangement and only be paired up like we're supposed to when the teachers are around." Peter says.

I look at him and Shake my head, "I'm not getting in trouble because you two are boring."

Cara shrugs, "Suit yourself."

She and Peter turn and start walking away.

I huff. Then I realize that Four is standing behind me. I turn and smile again, "Hi."

This time, he does smile, "Hi."

That's when I notice the bruise on his cheek. It's not big, but you can see it. "What happened?"

He shrugs, "I tripped and hit the wall."

"Ow." I saw grimacing.

He shrugs, "Oh well. What are you gonna do?"

I'm silent for a second then smile, "Hey, I know."

Four raises an eye brow, "What?"

I grab his hand, "Just wait."