Divergent in Disney

Chapter 21

Tris POV

I hear the words that Tobias is telling me but I can't understand them. Caleb faking his death? Mr. Eaton holding us hostages? This is just too much.

Will comes up and puts a hand on my shoulder, "Tris, I'm sorry, but if I ever see Caleb Prior I'll beat him up so bad he'll wish that car had blown him to bits."

I bite the inside of my cheek and look down. Mom and Dad have gotten word that Caleb is dead. They are going to be so disappointed in him when I get out.

If I get out.

Tobias looks at Al, so you guys are going to try to bust the door down?"

Al nods, "Yeah. You gonna help?"

Tobias smiles, "Dang right."

I cross my arms, "What they have people waiting outside the door? Or security cameras listening to every word we say?"

"They have cameras." Tobias says.

We all turn to him with wide eyes and opened mouths.

He looks up from the paper on the table and sees us all. His eyes get wide too and he looks behind him then back at us, "What?"

"They have cameras?" Will almost yells.

"Yeah. But they don't have sound." He says quickly.

"Say that next time." I say punching him in the arm.

He smiles, "Sorry."

"You almost gave me a heart attack!" Susan gasps. She's one of the smartest people here. It was a her who came up with the idea for breaking down the door.

"Do you think you can figure out where the cameras are?" Peter challenges.

Tobias smirks, "I know exactly. The thing is, if I cover one up, you better be ready with that couch. It won't take them long to figure out that something's up."

Susan claps her hands together, "Okay then. Tris, you're in charge of covering the camera so that the boys can lift the couch."

I nod.

Susan looks around the table, "Well, that's that. All we can do is wait now."

There's a collective sigh and everyone leaves the room.

"Let me show you where that camera is." Tobias says.

I follow him to a picture of Walt Disney himself, "Where is it?"

"I think it's right here." He points to a corner of the frame, "This is the right angle."

"Here?" I ask pointing.

He lifts his hand and moves my hand to the left, "The part that sticks out. See?"

I nod, "Yeah." I look at him and smile.

He smiles too and our hands stay together.

I can't seem to move so I gulp.

"What?" He asks softly.

"I...it's just that...I don't..."

He steps closer and looks into my eyes. Why is this so hard?!? It was easy to talk to him before in the parks. What happened?

"You don't what?" He asks.

"I don't...know what to call you." Really? I just said that? Are you serious!

"Call me Tobias. I like it when you say my name."

"Okay."

"Tobias."

"Okay, Tobias."

"Okay."

I blush a little, "Are you flirting with me?"

"I'm trying. Unfortunately, im not very good at stuff like this. But I do know that we need a word that can be ours."

"A word?" Is my voice shaking?

Tobias looks at the ceiling for a second and I wonder if I'm getting on his nerves. He looks back at me and huffs, "All I can think of is always."

"Always? That's Isaac and Monica's word."

"I know. And we see how that turned out."

"Well, I can't think of any other word that seems right."

Tobias chuckles, "It just fits."

"Always?" I hold out my hand for him to shake.

Tobias smiles and grabs my hand. He pulls me forward and kisses me, "Always." He whispers.

"Oh my gosh! I am so excited that you two are dating!" Christina sighed.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I've been trying to hook you up with someone forever and you finally find somebody who looks great with you. Its awesome!"

Tobias turns to me and smiles, "So, we are officially dating."

"Yeah." I say blushing.

"Guys!"

We all turn and run frantically to Uriah by the other wall. "What?"

He opens his hand, "They didn't check all my pockets. I have one inside my pants too!"

"Why would you have pockets inside your pants." Cara says annoyed.

"'Cause it's cool." Uriah says in the same tone.

"What do you still have?" I ask.

"My iPod nano."

"A what?" Christina asks.

Uriah shows us a small (and I mean small) device in his hand.

"Can you make a call on that thing?" Peter asks.

Uriah laughs, "No. All you can do is listen to music."

"So why are you telling us this?" Cara asks.

Uriah pulls out a speaker from behind his back, "Will and I were dancing all over that park."

Tobias takes my hand, "Would you care to dance?"

"Check out Mr. Smooth." Zeke says.

I smile at Tobias, "Of course."

"Fair warning, I can't dance." He whispers to me.

A Whole New World comes on and I smile at Uriah and then turn back to Tobias, "I'll help you."

For the next two hours, the hostages from Faction High danced laughed and had a great time despite the circumstances.