Divergent in Disney

Chapter 23

Tris POV

I don't think I have ever ran so fast in my life. I held Tobias' hand as if he might float away if I let go. Peter ran behind us and the soldier in front of kept having to slow down for us. We hadn't eaten very well in three days, there was no way we were going to be able to keep up with him.

"There's a truck!" Peter said pointing to a truck parked behind a stand.

The soldier stopped running and looked around, "I'll check it out. Do not follow me." He ran to the truck.

Peter scoffed, "Whatever." And he took off after the soldier.

"Peter!" Tobias hissed.

"There may be weapons." Peter hissed back.

I look at Tobias and he shrugs. We have to follow them. We can't stand out in the middle of the street by ourselves.

I run inside and see a pistol. Now, I've never shot anyone, but I know how to use a gun. If I get into trouble, I wonder if I would be able to shoot. I couldn't kill anyone though.

"Okay, let's get out of here." The soldier says.

"Absolutely." Peter comes out behind him. He's holding a large gun in both hands.

The soldier takes off his mask and looks around, "We need to head for the park entrance. Tori had more men out there to help us. There's a chopper. If I could..."

A gun cocks behind us. I turn right as it fires. The soldier goes down and I yelp.

"What the heck!" Tobias yells.

"Shut up." Peter says. "I am tired of both of you. Now, you do what I say."

"Why?" I ask. "How could you do this?"

"The same reason Caleb did. For the money. Now, get moving. Back to the castle." Peter points his gun towards us and we take a step back the way we came.

"You told them our plan with the couch." Tobias growls.

Peter taps his watch, "Microphone."

I gulp and pull the pistol up with both hands.

Peter rolls his eyes and laughs, "Oh come on, Stiff. You wouldn't shoot me."

I narrow my eyes, "Why would you think that?" I move my aim to his knee caps. I pull he trigger and Peter screams. He falls to the ground.

"You little piece of..."

"Shut up!" I say, aiming for his other knee.

He grits his teeth and rolls around on the asphalt.

I turn to Tobias who raises an eye brow.

"What?" I ask.

"You look really attractive with a gun."

I shove his arm, "Come on."

"We need to head for the exit." Tobias says.

"I look back at the park and huff. I don't want to leave my friends in there, but I don't have a choice. I would just get caught again.

Tobias grabs Peter's gun and we run for the exit.

"Help!"

I stop short and Tobias pulls up his gun and looks around.

"Someone! Please!"

"It's Christina!" I gasp.

We run towards the sound and find Will and Al lying on the ground.

"Tris! Please!"

I turn and see Molly holding a machine gun and has it aimed at Christina.

I hold up my pistol, "Stop, Molly!"

She looks at me and smiles, "Careful, Stiff. Wouldn't want to be responsible for your friends funeral."