Divergent in Disney

Chapter 26

Tris POV

I answer all the questions the police ask me. The paramedics keep giving me ice packs for my swollen face where Molly punched me.

I've been told my parents should be here in about an hour. I wonder of they know about Caleb yet. Probably. My mom is probably freaking out. I can't wait to hug her again.

I see Tobias walk by and I give him a small smile. What are we going to do? When we were in the Magic Kingdom, it was easy to flirt with him. I even kissed him a couple times. But I never act like that. I've never been that open with anyone before. Maybe Christina and my parents. But that's not the Tris Prior everyone knows.

Of course, I've never seen Tobias act the way he has these past days. I didn't even know his name was Tobias. I wonder if anyone else does.

Christina comes up to me with tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask worried.

She throws her arms around me, "I can't ever thank you enough." She cries, "You were going to take on Molly for me."

I shake my head, "I knew Tobias would help me."

"But you still took her on for a minute by yourself."

I pull back just a bit, "Christina, I would do anything for you. I love you."

"I love you too." She cries again.

I hug her again as she cries.

A doctor comes up to us, "I know you were wondering about Will. He just woke up."

Christina gasps and thanks him, "Thank God."

"I'll be right there." I tell her as she follows the doctor to where Will is resting.

I turn and see Cara running to her brother. She's crying and hugging him and I think that is the first time I have seen her express so much emotion at one time.

"Hey, Tris."

I look over my shoulder and see Al standing there. "Hey. How's your arm?" He landed on it and it had broken when Molly had attacked them.

He shrugs and holds up his arm which is now in a cast.

I give him a smile.

Al puts a hand on my shoulder, "I'm sorry about Caleb. I didn't see that coming."

I thank him and go off to find Tobias but he seems to have evaporated into thin air.

I'm about to ask a doctor when I feel a hand grab mine.

I turn around quickly and yank my hand back.

"Whoa. Whoa. Easy, Tris." Tobias laughs.

I relax and let him take my hand again, "I'm a bit jumpy."

"A bit?" He asks raising his eye brows.

I give him a look and then smile.

He puts his arm around my shoulder and we continue walking.

"What is it?" I ask, seeing the frown on his face.

He takes a deep breath, "Do you think your parents will approve of me?"

I stop walking and look at him, "I think they will. You're very likable."

Tobias smiles and sighs, "I hope so. I mean, I'm going to college. I'm going to get a good job afterwards. I'll be able to support you..." He stopped short and his eyes got wide.

I laugh, "Whoa, Mr. Smooth."

He blushes and rubs the back of his neck, "That came out really weird."

"Yeah, it did. Why don't we have a first date before you start talking about supporting me?"

Tobias crosses his arms, "Was the Magic Kingdom not our first date?"

I giggle, "Well, technically, we barely knew each other that morning."

"Fare enough, but I think that's gonna be pretty hard to top."

I laugh and pat his arm, "I movie would be alright with me." I stand on my tip toes and kiss his cheek.

He sighs, "Sounds good.

(A month later)

I hear the door bell and hurry down the stairs.

My dad opens the door and lets Tobias in.

"Hello, sir." Tobias says, dipping his head.

My dad pats him on the back, "So where are you two going?"

"The new Transformers movie comes on at seven so we're going to get some fries and milkshakes at DQ."

"Sounds like fun." My dad smiles.

My parents were a little unnerved by Tobias and I dating, but after two weeks and three dates, they warmed up to him. He and my dad are even going fishing next weekend.

Tobias looks up and smiles at me.

I walk down and take his hand, "Love you, Daddy."

My dad says goodbye to us as we drive away in Tobias' car.

After singing along to the radio for a while, I turn to him, "So how is living with Zeke and Uriah?"

Tobias smiles and shakes his head, "They are...crazy."

I laugh.

"But, I appreciate their hospitality. Their parents are the best. And it's cool not being an only child."

I pat his shoulder. I know he's enjoying himself with his new home.

When we get to the movie theater, we walk in and pay for our tickets. You know, that crazy experience in Disney World was scary, but I'm still glad I qualified to get in. I'm more confident now and more comfortable at school. It's crazy how good things can come from bad times. Really bad times.

I take Tobias' hand and smile to myself.

It's true what they say. Disney World is a place of magic.

The End