Divergent in Disney

Chapter 25

Tobias POV

I grab Al by the wrists as Molly throws down her gun and start to pull him away. I pull him behind a building and run back for Will as Tris and Molly hit the ground.

I grimace because I know that hurt. Well, it hurt Tris. Molly probably didn't feel anything.

I grab Will but he is so light that I can pick him up and carry him to where Al is groaning louder.

His eyes open and he gasps, "Molly!"

"I know." I say. I run to where Tris and Molly and wrestling. Tris punches Molly and the girl growls back. She grabs Tris and stands up. She pulls back her fist and I take off. I slam into them and Molly let's go of Tris.

"What the..."

I grab Molly and secure her arms behind her back. Tris grabs the gun and holds it up.

"You wouldn't kill me, Stiff."

Tris smirks, "No. But I'll make sure you won't walk again." She aims at Molly's legs. "Ask Peter."

Molly stiffens and I chuckle, "Not so tuff now are you?"

Tris looks at me and smiles. Then her eyes focus on something behind me and her face goes south.

My stomach tightens and I turn my head slowly.

Marcus shakes his head, "Now now, Tobias. Is that any way to treat a lady?"

My first thought is Molly is far from a lady. Then I start to imagine what he's going to do to me.

He holds up a gun to Tris, "Stand down, Prior."

I look at Tris and I see fear in her eyes. Then I turn back to Marcus, "Please."

He looks at me and smiles, "Then do what I say."

I nod, "Fine."

He smirks.

Then the gun goes off.

Tris flies back, Molly shrieks, I let her go, and Marcus sinks to his knees.

I run to Tris and bend down, "Tris! Tris! Oh my gosh!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tris POV

"Then do what I say." Marcus sneers.

I look at Tobias as he nods, "Fine."

I don't know where it came from, but I am suddenly filled with courage. Like I had been when I faced Peter and Molly. I clutch Molly's gun and clench my teeth. Then I pull the trigger.

The force from the bigger gun sends me back and I land on my back which knocks the air out of my lungs.

My ears are still ringing when I finally focus on Tobias' face above me. I give him a weak smile, "Hi."

A small sob escapes his throat and he wraps me in his arms.

I look over at Marcus who is holding his hand that used to hold his gun. Blood is soaking his sleeve and is spilling onto the ground beneath him. I didn't know if I could make the shot or not. Guess I have a better aim than I thought.

Tobias looks at me and relief fills his eyes, "Thank you."

I wrap my arms around his neck, "You're welcome."

I look up and see Marcus stand and run towards us. I gasp and try to form words when another gun fires and Marcus falls.

Tobias pulls me to my feet and we move away as soldiers run to our aid. I see blood soaking Marcus' left leg where the bullet hit him.

A soldier walks up to us, "Boy, you two can't stay in one place can you?"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Your trackers," the soldier points to the metal things Miss Tori gave us, "We were chasing you guys all over." He looks over at Marcus, "Of course, you don't really seem to need our help." He turns back to us and smiles, "That guy Peter won't have much use of that leg anymore."

I see them taking away Marcus and Molly and I sigh in relief. It's over. It's finally over.