DISTANCE

I've been wanting to thank Eros, but he was avoiding me. I got a new trainer, John, the old gamma. Just like the rest of the pack, he was emotionless towards me. I gave up trying to bond weeks ago, there was no place for me here.

Finally, I caught up with him, on accident. It had been a week without speaking or even seeing him. I was walking towards my room when I bumped into him. My body shivered with pleasure when I felt his against mine.

That short moment of pure intimacy and connection was put to stop by him, he distanced himself. Of course, he did. There would only be Liza for him, I was just his weapon.

"Thank you for the room", I spoke before he could escape me.

He marched past me, completely ignoring me. I turned around to see him hurrying of the staircase. My options were clear: to follow him or to go to my room. I choose the latter. I shouldn't put the effort into something that was doomed to fail anyhow.

After all, I was just his weapon and he was my- was my nothing, I had no claim on him and I never will. 

{~}<->{~}<->

White roses. She loved white roses. Just because, she had answered when I asked. Out of all flowers, she only loved them the most. So I made sure her grave was filled with fresh ones.

The night had fallen and I found myself in front of her grave. I finally understood why she loved them so much. They illuminated her grave in the light of the shining moon. It was too beautiful, such a place of pain and grieve.

Yet it was good that it was so beautiful since she was.

"Oh, Liza, if you only knew how much I miss you", I whispered under my breath, laying fresh flowers against her stone.

Elizabeth Darcie Jones, beloved mate, and Luna of the Blood Moon Pack. Forever reminded by her kindness and light. 

09/23/1995-01/19/2017

A noise made my head snap up and I found it to be my little sister, Aphrodite. She just turned fifteen a month ago and I couldn't imagine her growing up. She'll forever be my baby sister.

"Eros, are you alright?", her voice was quiet and worried.

"I will be, little one", I replied, standing up.

She hurried to my side and I pulled her in my embrace. I lead her away from a place that only brought her sadness because not far from Liza's grave laid our mothers next to our fathers.

{~}<->{~}<->

Aurora was the best selling artist and she had countless fans, she got used to their outburst of reactions and grew to adore them. Yet she didn't expect it to happen in the cold-blooded Blood Moon Pack, definitely not of the younger sister of Eros.

It happened at breakfast, she walked in the cafeteria and one deafening scream later, Aphrodite was attached to her. They haven't met before since the youngest was enrolled in a private school.

The entire room took in the scene, some even laughing. Each time Aphrodite came around, there was an enlightened atmosphere. She brought laughter and happiness where she went, something that her brother admired in her.

"Aphrodite", he warned her, walking into the scene.

"Is this a welcome home present? If it is, I love you incredibly much and I'll never bully you again about your Nutella addiction!", her voice went a few octaves higher than normal.

The room burst out in laughter, Aurora even following. She would love to hear about his Nutella addiction. Eros growled at his little sister, who eyed him innocently. This time the puppy dog eyes wouldn't save her.

"This isn't a welcome home present, now let go of her",

"But it's Aurora Smith!", she whined.

"Aphrodite", he snapped.

"Fine", she let go.

Aurora looked at him, he sent her his usual glare. Giving up on finding any emotion in him, she looked away.

They would never work, she had to keep reminding herself that.

{~}<->{~}<->

Aphrodite truly deserved her name, because of her beauty. She was four years younger than me, but I was still intimidated. She shared her beauty with her brother, the same dark hair and piercing blue eyes.

We sat in the kitchen together as she was telling me about her school, cute guys and her irritating best friend.

"She's so guy-crazy that she just abounds me!", she grumbled frustrated.

"Human or wolf?",

"Human, they have no dignity to wait for the right one",

"Have you tried talking to her?", I suggested.

She eyed me like I was insane, telling me talking would not help with her. It was just her hormones and the fact that she was human.

"You will be surprised how much talking actually can solve. She may be human, but she is your best friend. Don't let fights stand in the way of your relationship",

My life was as complicated as it could get, but it also taught me things. Things that could be to help other people. And it seemed to help Aphrodite, I just prayed she took my advice and talked to her friend.

Talking always helped.

"Thank you, Aurora. It's so cool that I get to know you", she smiled cheesily.

"It's even cooler to get to know you, Aphrodite", I truly meant that.

She was a great kid. She had a big heart and was compassionate about everything around her. Different from her soulless brother. I wondered how they could be related if it weren't on their looks depended.

"What are you still doing up?",

Angela, Lucius' mate.

"We were just talking-",

"Hurry, get to bed! It's already late", she told the young wolf.

Aphrodite did as told and hurried upstairs, not without hugging me a final time. A smile crossed over her face and she felt so happy that she got to meet her biggest idol.

"She's been through a lot, I don't want you to break her heart even more",

"I'm not going to break her heart, Angela",

"After you will bring back Liza, you'll be gone. She'll be devastated. So I suggest you distance yourself now you still can",

And she stormed off, leaving me speechless. Just when I found someone to feel good around, it was taken away from me. I was reminded of what kind of hell it was here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another chapter.
I hope you enjoyed it!
Like and comment.
ADD THIS STORY TO YOUR LIBRARY FOR UPDATES!!!!!
XXXXXXXX