THE END OF THE BEGINNING

The entire house had seen it because they stopped being secretive about it. Whatever went through their minds of the moment they kissed was stupid and dumb.

Because Eros saw it.

He saw how Jake West kissed Liza so passionately and lovingly that it made his blood turn cold. The embarrassment was hard, but the betrayal even harder.

"My office. Now",

Liza followed as he snapped the words at her. The room felt quiet and watched their Alpha and Luna walk away.

This wasn't going to end well.

{~}<->{~}<->

"Jake is my second mate, like Aurora, is yours",

The words hit him like daggers. How did he not think about that? The chance that she would have a second mate was big. He just was so focused on reuniting.

"How long have you been hooking up with him?",

"A few days after I came back",

Four weeks.

"You were so distant! It was like you practically pushed me in his arms!",

"Are you really blaming me now?! I was busy handling my pack as each Alpha does!",

"No, you were busy worrying about Aurora",

He was.

"Don't push her in this",

"She's the main reason why we're in this!",

"She brought you back to life!",

"She stole your heart from me!",

The room grew silent and he stared at his desk, the anger in his veins was high and he just wanted to hit something. What right did she have to come here and yell at his face like that?!

"I've been pushing all those feelings aside. I do that all for you and our future because I know that I was distant. All I needed was time to get over her and we could continue our future together",

"There is no future anymore for us, Eros", she spat.

His heart broke as much as the second he lost her. They were officially done and it was by her hand, not his. How could she just say it was over?

"You were pregnant", he forced out.

"Well, I lost the child! That happened when you die!",

His pup. Dead. He leaned forward to try to breathe, but it didn't work. It was the same anxiety he got when he couldn't find Aurora on the battlefield. The same he got when she begged him to kill her.

"Get out",

And she did.

{~}<->{~}<->

"Why are you leaving?", Angela asked her older sister.

Liza was packing her bags to go back to her old back, the Howl Pack. Her father would accept her with open arms, her and Jake.

"There's nothing here for me, I want a fresh start for Jake and me",

"Jake? Your second mate?"

Angela was suspicious and sat down on the grand bed. Liza's room was the most beautiful of the entire house because Eros had gifted it to her. He had gifted her so much, she was treated like a princess since the day he had set his eyes on her.

"What about Eros?",

"We're done",

"Done?",

Eros brought her back from the impossible. Death. And now they were just done? How was that even possible? Eros would never let them just be done.