FLASHBACK

Pack meetings were weekly to inform the pack members about topics and to tighten the bond between them. Aurora was just sixteen and walked with her mother to the packhouse. Her older sister, Alice, was already there since she was the Alphas girlfriend.

The duo went to sit in the middle of the room next to friends. Peter was Aurora's best friend and they quickly picked up the usual chatter, while her mother talked to her friends.

The chatter died down when the Alpha walked in followed by his Beta and Gamma. He went to stand on the small stage and before he even spoke a word, his eyes landed on Aurora.

He had come over to their house a million times, he has met her and talked to her over a million times, but only know he felt the bond. The mate bond.

Aurora, clueless to the bond, because of her younger age, smiled up at Peter when he made a small joke. This only set off James even more. A male close to his mate was causing trouble, especially with Alphas.

Yet he continued his speech, biting through the nerve to kill the male next to his mate. Everybody could sense his anger, but no one pointed it out.

When the meeting was done everybody was welcomed in the packhouse for a drink and a small snack as usual. Peter dragged Aurora to the snack table and excitedly talked about his obsession with chocolate chip cookies.

She laughed as he stuffed his face and they acted like immature children, which they were.

James watched them like a hawk and held his glass tightly. His jaw was clenched hard and Alice next to him feared he would break it.

"Are you alright?", she caressed his arm, but that was seemingly the trigger.

Peter had cupped Auroras face and kissed her forehead. She giggled too much for James' liking and he stormed over, unable to contain his wolf.

Beating a younger kid was bad, even for an Alpha. But he was touching his mate, which gave him all the right to do so, to his opinion. Luckily for the boy, the Beta and Gamma quickly came to calm down their Alpha.

"My. Office. Now", he growled at Aurora.

/:/:/:

"Accept it for goddess' sake, Aurora", her sister snapped at her.

Aurora couldn't even respond. Everything had gone so fast. She was dragged up to James' office where he declared she was his mate and immediately after rejected her.

Tears were streaming down her face and she felt heartbroken. She eyed him, but he didn't even look at her. She only had to accept his rejection and it would be definite.

"Accept it", her mother nudged her hard.

She stared at her mom in shock, but the elder woman gave her a dirty glare. Now she realized she was completely alone. With her father gone and her mate rejecting her.

That was a hard and cold truth for a sixteen-year-old.

"I-I-I-", she couldn't say it.

All she dreamed about for her entire life was to find her mate. He would lay his eyes on her and immediately love her. He would look after her, protect her and they would live happily ever after.

"Aurora", her mother spat.

That's when James finally looked up and their eyes met. Everything inside of her turned cold and she lost all her innocence by one look.

"I accept", she whispered.

Loud thunder legitimated the rejection and it was a cry of the moon goddess. She lost a pair of her set up lovers. Numbly Aurora ran out of the room downstairs to find her entire pack looking at her.