REGRETTING A REJECTION

James saw Aurora again at the victory party three weeks after the war. It was pretty late to have such a party, but the war hero had been unconscious for two weeks.

He wanted to stay with her, wait for her to wake up, but he had a pack to lead. So he suggested to take her with him, to let her heal in his pack, but Àlpha Eros rejected that idea immediately.

The past three weeks have been horrible, worrying about how she was or if she was in much pain. Since he rejected her their bond was faltering. Something he regretted so much was rejecting her.

If he could only turn back time.

She stood with Aphrodite near the food table in a gorgeous short dress that made him almost fall to his knees. His little mate has grown into a divine woman.

"Can I talk to you?",

Her eyes widened in the way the always did and he didn't wait for her to answer, he just pulled her to a private spot. The night sky was filled with stars and they all reflected perfectly on her dark hair.

"I'm glad you're okay",

"James, I can't do this with you",

"I need you to know why I did it. Why I rejected you",

That got her silent. Something she wanted to know for three years. And now he was going to tell her.

"The moment I saw you, all I could think about was how I would ruin you. That cute little face screamed out innocence and purity. You were younger and I feared that I would screw you up. I thought you wouldn't be ready for me, but the truth is that I wasn't ready for you",

"Then why did you push me out of the pack?",

"I thought that seeing your face every day would become too unbearable, but not seeing you turned out to be worse",

She grew quiet and stared at him, tears blinking in her eyes. He leaned into her, holding her in his arms. It felt good, so good to hold his mate. Her skin was soft and untouched, he could smell her virtue and that made his wolf pleased, but she also smelled like Eros.

That stupid mark.

"I just want everything of you, Aurora, all of you. Each inch of your body, I want it all for myself",

His breath felt in her neck and he saw the goosebumps, her body trembling against his. A smirk fell on his lips and he gazed down on her full ones. He dreamt about this, kissing those full lips until they were numb.

"I love you, James",

"I love you too, love", a large smile crossed his face.

He had hope, that they would end up together. That she would be his, that she would come back home with him. But that was soon to be crushed.

"But you're no longer the boy I want",

"I've been wanting you since we looked in each other's eyes and you told me I was your mate. You were my first love and you shall always be, but I can't be with you. You rejected me", she continued.

"And I regret that, Aurora",

She shook her head, distancing herself from him.

"Well, I hope it hurts to know we'll never be together so you can realize what kind of hell you put me through",

And she walked away from him. This was the end of their story. She had moved on, not completely, but she was almost there. James would be remembered as the first boy she loved.

{~}<->{~}<->

I saw how he stole her from all the demanding guys, how he lead her to the dance floor and got in position. My eyes scanned her face, but it stood natural.

Liza in front of me tugged my dress shirt and I heard the music start. We started our dance, but I couldn't keep my eyes off James touching Aurora. It really bothered me.

We danced and when it was time to switch partners I made sure I had a tight grip on her. She felt breathless in my arms and I made sure she would never forget our dance.

I span her around and lifted her up until she was numb in my arms. Aurora got so lost when I touched her, so unreadable. I loved it how I could get her for myself by just touching her.

The music came to an end and our foreheads were pressed against each other. I knew I had to pull away, but I needed her skin against mine for a minute longer. The intensity was surreal and good at the same time, but it also made me realize something important.

I love her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Watch the dance^^^

I'm so proud of my Aurora in this cap☺️
I hope you liked it.
Vote and comment
ADD THIS STORY TO YOUR LIBRARY FOR UPDATES!!!!!!!!
XXXXX