Chapter 4: I Knew it

I woke up happy. I've never been this happy before. I stretched and I just remembered. It's Monday. Ughhh!

"Mom do I have to go to school today?" I shouted downstairs.

"No but you can help me plant the garden for 5 hours!" I never wanted to do garden work.

"Uh Nevermind!" I went into the bathroom and did my business. I changed into long black jeans with my black converse high tops. Then I put on a shirt that says "Good girls are bad girls that don't get caught" with my black jacket. I waited for Cassidy but she didn't come out. So I went in and saw her curling you her hair. I went up to her and gave her a "are you kidding me" look.

"Uhm... I just wanna look cute?" she said unplugging her wand.

"What are you wearing?" she wore short jeans with a crop top that has a big red heart on it. Yuck! Love is so weird.

"It's for Alex isn't it?" I crossed my arms against my chest.

"OK fine. We're sort of a thing. So are you Justin." she teased while nudging me.

"Shut up and Let's go."

I playfully rolled my eyes and went in the car. We drove to school and went to the lockers. I put my books in my locker and went around the corner to see Justin. Then I saw him against the wall with a girl on top. I knew it. I knew he was faking all of this. He's just using me. Like a little toy. I went up to him and he saw me. He pushed her off and looked at me. He tried grabbing my hand but I backed away.

"Don't. I knew you were just using me. This is exactly why I can't fall in love." I pushed past him and started walking to class.

"Tess wait!" he called but I ignored him. I got into science class and took a seat. The bell rung and Justin came in with some other people. He sat next to me and tried talking to me. But everytime he does I pretend to not listen.

"Today you'll be working in your science textbook individually. Pages 510 to 670." The whole class groaned and took out their books. I felt a note being passed under my book. I opened and it said:

Can we talk please?

I balled it up and threw it in the trash. Okay question one. What was the theory for-. Another note. Ugh I have to answer to make him stop.

*Note* (Tess) (Justin)

Tess please.

What Justin. What do you want.

Can I explain what happened?

If it will make you shut up.

Okay since you birthday is coming up so I wanted to get you something special. And that girl that you saw me with was trying to make me have sex with her until she pushed me against the wall. That's when you came in.

OK Justin I gotta do my work.

I crumbled up the paper and threw it away.

2 hours later

I went to my locker to grab my headphones. I plugged in my headphones into my phone and listen to music. I waited for Cassidy outside until Jake came up to me.

"Hey Tess."

"Hey Jake. What's up?" he gave next a little purple box.

"Happy early birthday." I opened it and I saw a golden necklace that has my name on it.

"Jake. Thank you. Didn't this cost you a lot?"

"It was worth it." he smiled and I gave him a hug. But at the corner of my eye I saw Justin staring at us. I backed away then saw Cassidy.