Chapter 15: Almost

We stared blankly at the tv. How could I be so careless? I looked at Justin.

"I can't believe this." we listened to the reporter.

"2 hours ago, a house was burned down by a girl dressed in black as described. We will take you to the girl that saw it all." it was switched on to a middle-aged women.

"Well I was watering my babies that afternoon until I saw fire. I ran outside and saw a girl dressed in black walking away from the house. Now I loved her style and all but I hope she is arrested."

"At least she likes my style." I said going downstairs.

"Tess this is serious. You might get caught and I don't want to see my girlfriend behind bars!" he said following me.

"Don't worry Jay. I'll be careful." I said sipping my water. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. I put my glass down and grabbed my shades.

"Now I have to go." I said walking to the door. he stopped me.

"No Tess. Your not going." He dragged me and handcuffed me to the stairs. I don't know where he got the handcuffs from.

"Justin what are you doing?" I said trying to pull off the handcuffs.

"Im doing this to protect you. I love you but Im not gonna watch you behind bars." he kissed my forehead and left. I sighed and looked at my arm. I need to get to the building right now. But I couldn't break lose. I sat back and looked up. Then I had an idea. I checked in my pocket and found a chisel. I starting grinding on the chain. This is gonna take a while.

7 minutes later

I dropped the chisel and pulled on it. It broke off and I smiled. I ran out the house and went to the building. I saw James.

"Hey James." he quickly turned around and smiled.

"Finally. You made it. Now all we have to do is-"

"This is the police! Come out with your hands up!" my eyes widened.

"How the fuck they found us?!" I shouted and he ran away leaving me. I groaned and climbed onto the roof.

"There she is!" one police shouted. I ran across the roof until someone's arm snakes around my waist. I quickly turned around and saw Justin.

"What are you doing here?" we ran across the roof and jumped into the rapid river. We got hit with lots of rocks but the worst part was that I couldn't swim. I tried my best to stay up but I hit my head against a boulder and I went down. I was going down deep cause I saw pitch darkness. Then I felt a arms pull me to the surface. I've been dragged out the water and I felt the grass hit my back.

"Tess? Tess can you hear me? Tess?" I felt warm lips on mine and pumping on my chest. I coughed up water but my eyes were still closed.

"J-justin....Im...sorry." I whispered. He brought me up to his chest and sighed. I opened my eyes and saw him in tears.

"I thought I lost you." I hugged him tight.

"Don't scare me like that ever again." I nodded and we got up. We started walking. We heard sirens and footsteps. It was the cops. We ran and saw the road. I put on my shades and hoodie. We heard honking and it was Ryan. We ran inside the car and he drove away with the cops behind us.

"Are you okay guys?" he asked.

"Yeah Thanks man." he looked back.

"They're getting closer." I started panicking. He looked at me and I grabbed a dynamite.

"Are you sure about this Justin?" Ryan and I asked at the same time.

"You rather get thrown in jail?" I sighed and lit up the stick. I threw it out the window and it exploded in front of the cops. Ryan made a sharp turn and we traveled down the smooth road.

"I have to get rid of the car." Ryan said as he dropped us off on the sidewalk. We watched him as he drove fast down the road. He jumped out the car and watch the car explode in mid air and into the water. He ran back and we ran down the sidewalk. We finally reached my house and walked in. We saw Cassidy.

"Omg where were you guys? What happened?" she asked. We looked at each other and Justin nodded.

"We were running away from the cops." I confessed and she gasped.

"Why?"

"Cause I burned down a house and Im in a gang." her eyes widened. She ran to me and hugged me.

"Im so glad you told me. I don't want to lose my favorite sister." I looked back at Justin and he smiled. I smiled back. Then there was a knock on the door. I opened it and it was James. j immediately shut the door but he held it.

"Look James I don't want to see you right now." I said and he sighed.

"I know you don't wanna see me right now but I came to say that Im sorry for ditching you. I just can't get you out of my head. I really like you." He kissed my cheek but I pushed him off.

"No I can't. I have a boyfriend." I said.

"Oh I didn't know. Im sorry. Are we cool?" he asked.

"Yeah were cool." I hugged him and he left.

"So can someone explain to me why the stove is burned and they're broken handcuffs on the stairs." Cassidy said and I looked at Justin. I scratched the back of my neck and slowly backed away to the stairs. I ran upstairs followed by Justin. We heard laughing and I walked into my room. My eyes widened. My room was a hot mess. My bed sheets were pulled off, my draws and clothes were scattered all over the floor. Then on my wall I saw words in big bold red letters "I WILL GET YOU TESS!" I looked at Justin.

"Who was in here?" he shrugged.

"I don't know but whoever it was will pay." he said and I nodded.

"Now Im scared." he held my waist.

"Im here to protect you."

"I should have never joined that stupid gang if this would happen." I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"It's okay babe. We'll figure this out." I started picking up my stuff and I saw my burned teddy bear that Justin gave me. After 12 minutes of fixing up I still kept the burned bear. It was interesting. I had to examine it. I put it in my draws and I saw a note. I opened it and read it.

Dear Tess,

If you found this note then Im happy for you. Now I will get you for everything you did to me. You will pay. I will make you suffer every minute that I have and trust me I will enjoy it. And your little boyfriend won't be there to help your delicate body. I'll see you soon.

Love, your enemy.

Who was this? I quickly slipped it back in the draw and looked in the mirror. It was cracked. I will find out who this person is. And it might not end well for them. You can take my word for it. If they want a fight, I'll give em a fight. Im gonna win the fight cause I will now show pain. I looked in the mirror and picked up my gun. I another the mirror and watched as the glass shattered. I smirked in satisfaction.

"This might be fun for me."