4. THE BOND BEYOND THE EDEN

"Jade...Geez were you up all night?" I looked up at Megan standing on the corner with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"What happened to me, was it really an accident?" I asked her. I closed my burning eyes for a minute and try to clear my thoughts.

"He can't just become a ghost, he wouldn't do that." I muttered more to myself than to her.

Megan sat beside me making some room for her as she pushed the pictures and pages in the scattered room. "Why our parents didn't approve of us being together?" I asked her.

 "Why our parents didn't approve of us being together?" I asked her

Handing me the cup of coffee she began "Because Jade... it wasn't normal. I mean, you were a difficult child growing up. Your mom thought you would end up being a serial killer but you turned out to be an artist. You've always been aloof, a mystery and then you met him and everything changed. Everyone noticed he became your drug; he fueled your fire, made your fantasies come true. Together the two of you just made sense but it was also dangerous. I mean given the line of work our families are involved in. He knew that and so did you, but that didn't keep him away. You and Jasper did more than loved each other. You consumed his heart, and he owned yours. It was like a vision came true. And it got dangerous at times as well, but you never sacred away. But I think Jasper knew, he needed to let you go but he couldn't."

"Why?"

She looked at me undecided whether she should continue or not. "You two would've drowned each other if he didn't. Someone had to make a choice; I mean you always told me how he told you countless times that one day you will have to learn to live without him. I just never imagined something like would happen, never imagined he would let something like this happen to you." She finished.

I took a sip of my now cold coffee as I took in everything Megan just told me. He wouldn't leave me like that I decide. There's more to what Megan knows, what these journals say about Jasper, about this entire situation.

"I remember..." Megan looks at me her eyes wide gesturing me to go on. "It's not much, but I remember his kisses, I remember myself wearing his clothes, us in the woods, running, I remember the ring he gave me. But I don't remember the accident or the moments before." I confess.

"It's coming back, eventually it all will." She said and hugged me.

"I need to find him."

"I know, but I think you should put that idea on hold until you get your memory. Right now, as I can see your parents are trying their best to make you forget about him. They'll take my head if they find out I gave you all this stuff." She scared visibly scared though she tried to hide it.

"How's Mark?" I ask her.

"You remember him?" She sounded surprised and so was I.

"Your engagement ring triggered his memory." I explain.

She nodded happily "He is all right, worried about you. I'll go and take a shower. I have made you breakfast, eat it while it's hot okay." She said and left the room.
"I have to go now; I'll come and check up on you in the evening. Be careful; take your medication on time." Megan kissed me goodbye and left. After that I quickly called Carla and David to just so they wouldn't rile me up later on. After quickly taking a shower myself I headed out to the street, I entered a shop to buy art supplies and was suddenly stopped by a man waving his hand in front of my face.