7. THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH

Opa (my grandfather) lives in one of the largest community in Ithaca. He was twenty two when he met Oma (my grandmother). She introduced her to the spiritual world, the mysticism of universe and taught him what peace of mind truly meant. He followed her...back to her world and hasn't come back since.

My father is nothing like my Opa, He followed the love of his life and married into money. Together they're happy, my mom and dad, but their definition of happy is quite different. I think of all the years I spent with my Opa and Oma growing up, learning about astronomy, poetry, literature and natural science. But most importantly they taught me how to think rather than what to think.

It's a four hours drive from the city, at five in the morning an urge settled deep in the pit of my stomach that I needed to get away. Impulsively I decided to visit my Opa and by six in the morning I was getting in the car ready to drive. The scenery on the way, asusual, was breathtaking. I'll never understand why anyone would want to live in a concrete jungle which they so desperately wish to get away from any chance they get? Isn't what they call it? Vacation? I mentally scoff at that thought.

I stop at the gas station, as I approach my car after paying for the gas I see two guys and a girl standing nearby.

"Yo...This yours?" The guy asked me pointing towards my car.

"Can we get a ride?" The girl with pink hair asked.

"Where are you headed?"

"Ithaca"

"Hop in." I say.

The rest of the journey seems to pass in a blur, Rayn, Lila and Van are busy in their own conversation, and they briefly ask me questions that I answer shortly. "You can stop here." I drop them two miles away from my Opa's house.

"Thank you...Kind stranger." Lila bows down her hands joined together as she greeted me one last time.

"Peace." Van shouts at me as I move ahead.

Opa lives in a collective mansion. There's at least forty people living together here, it's a beautiful mansion surrounded with greenery as far as your eyes can look. I take my bag out of the trunk as kids playing around come running towards me.

 I take my bag out of the trunk as kids playing around come running towards me

"Where's Opa Ethan?" I ask a boy of ten.

"In the backyard." I dump my bag in the living room, as I walk further I see him sitting in the dining table with everyone else having a brunch.

"If it isn't my infamous granddaughter...I'll be damned." He grunted as he got up from his chair. I hugged him, and the feeling of being finally home comes rushing back to me since the accident.

 I hugged him, and the feeling of being finally home comes rushing back to me since the accident