17. THE KEEPER OF SECRETS

Since I was eight, I was forced by my mother to attend a lot of child psychologist. She was worried that I would become the keeper of secrets and I did. Currently I'm standing in my apartment knowing that someone has tried to uncover one such secret of mine.

They've trashed the place in the process which tells me whoever did this is not in the high-end profession of this

They've trashed the place in the process which tells me whoever did this is not in the high-end profession of this. The search was done with haste; they clearly didn't find what they were looking for. I had taken that wooden box that was delivered to me to my studio and burned the evidence in the cemetery.

"Motherfuckers trashed everything." Simone said picking up the photos.

"Did they find what they were looking for?" Adrian asked.

"I don't think so." I say pretending I have no idea what they were here for.

To be honest I was a bit rattled, when Roy dropped me home and I came to my apartment already finding that the door lock was broken I quickly called Adrian and Simone.

"I would've ran right into them if had arrived a minute before." Megan said breathless.

"It's me they're after. They won't harm you." I tell her reassuringly.

"They're most certainly bold. I have to give them that." Adrian said.

"Knowing who you are and where you belong. This was rather stupid not bold." Simone said.

I turn to Adrian "Nobody has to know

I turn to Adrian "Nobody has to know." I tell him.

"Jade...this is getting dangerous now. I can't just sit back and relax while you are vulnerable to attack." He argues back.

"Promise me, apart the four of us no one else will know." I said determined to make them obey me.

"She's right. Telling them will stir more trouble than necessary." Megan said taking my side.

"I need to get home; Mark will start wondering what's taking me so long." Megan said. After kissing me goodbye and making sure I was okay she left, so did Simone. Everyone except Adrian left; I released a breath of nervousness I didn't realize I was holding.