21. DECEPTION IS THE DEVIL'S GAME

Deception is the Devil's game and a wonderful one at that. The man of sin chooses his target with precision, he who is chosen is weak in faith, determined to be proven right at any cost and most importantly the reason why he gets played right into the devil's plan is because he believes he doesn't exist in the first place.

I glance around the room that is full of laughter but only I know that it is hollow. "Now...a toast to Jade for coming back to us safe and sound." Jacob smiles raising his glass and everyone follows suit.

" Jacob smiles raising his glass and everyone follows suit

I'm looking at nothing in particular as everyone joins in. "Why didn't you wear something nice today?" My mother whispers to me while keeping a smile on her face as she looks around.

"Because we came in this Earth naked and I prefer to go to hell the same way. You should be thanking me I'm wearing anything at all." I say and continue to toy with my food.

She sighs defeated "You should eat more, you're practically wasting away."

"Carla...Let her be. She's here with us it's all that matters." My father comes to my rescue but soon have to bow down to his dear wife.

I wished Simone was here, it would've been easier to tolerate the circus. I excuse myself early form the dinner with an excuse of an unbearable headache. Going back to my room I contemplate whether to text Simone or not. He hates them more than I do, so asking him to come over here would be selfish on my part. After much consideration I step out of my room.

As I stand on the inside balcony facing the living room where the lively discussion is going on I hear footsteps coming from behind

As I stand on the inside balcony facing the living room where the lively discussion is going on I hear footsteps coming from behind. "You should talk more, when you don't it gives them the illusion that you're hiding something dangerous."

"We all are hiding something. But at least I'm not conflicted about my secret." I say back.

"You need to move on Jade." Jacob tells me.

"Like all of you? You want me to pretend? Like what happened was a terrible accident and we'll remember him in our thoughts and prayers kind of shit?" I ask him laughing.

"It can be a start." He says with difficulty.

"I'm not blind, I know that the loss is not only mine but you didn't lose him like I did." I say as I feel the anger rising.