9. I CHOSE BLOOD

*Hey...Just letting you know, you need to arrive around 8 PM. don't be late.*

*I won't.*

*Please wear something nice...None of those hippie clothes of yours.*

*It's not my launch party. Why do I have to dress up?*

*It's a formal event Jade...Wear something in blue, that color suits you.*

*Fine...*

*Who are you bringing as your date?*

*Simon.*

*All right, I'll see you there.*

I first thought of asking Brain to accompany me, but I knew he'd end up getting high, probably sell drugs to bunch of people and create trouble. People who don't understand their addiction end up losing a lot more than just their substance. Who am I to judge? I thought. I understood everything, and even then ended up losing everything.

I turn my attention to my closet; Megan wants me to wear something blue. Blue is for calmness, tranquility and faith. I represent none of them; I represent fire, taboo, lust. I represent hunter's prey that all lay bloody in their final stage and so I choose blood.

I settled for an off shoulder red evening gown

I settled for an off shoulder red evening gown. Did minimum makeup, with matching red lipstick and mascara, for once I brushed my hair. I gave myself one last look and was out the door.

Simon arrived right on time to pick me up. "Shit...Jade you look like a woman." He chuckled as he saw me.

"This is a blue moon; I doubt it will happen anytime soon." I said nodding at him in appreciation.

"You cleaned up well." He wore a crisp blue suit, his blonde hair gelled to perfection, makes him taller than he actually is. It was nice to see the two of us wearing something other than aprons and multicolor hands covered in paint.

"Megan called, said you banged a dude from the club."

"Has she told Mark yet?" I ask him.

I don't think he'll like the fact that I, his best friend's girlfriend fucked his current good friend the first time I met him.

"No, and she's not going to." He says.

"You know how she is, she just needed to talk it out and you're not exactly an easy person to talk to." Simon chimes.

I nod "True. I'm a mega bitch." I said.

"So is he any good?" He asked me closing the door of my side.

"He's a giant." I chuckle.

"Oh Jade...It has been long since I have seen other giants." Simon sighs.

That earned him a soft punch. "You know...Where we are going, there's going to be a lot of guys who likes to experiment." I tell him.

"Yeah...Snotty guys aren't really my thing." He replies grimly.