Chapter Three

Chapter Three

The ass worshipping lasted about an hour before Xiphrus knocked on our door before departing quickly, clearly knowing what had gone on upstairs.

Hades groaned, looking thoroughly pissed off at being interrupted as he started to lunge out of the bed, but I swung my arm around his chest and hauled him back, making him grunt as he fell back against me, rolling over to shoot me a teasing glare. I smirked, leaning down to touch my lips to his, earning a soft moan as a response. He slid a hand up through my hair, caressing my head to him before we broke apart.

"If you keep doing that, shit isn't gonna get done," he muttered, our lips brushing together as the heat between us stirred up once more. I tilted my head, pushing out my lower lip in a pout and he laughed, shoving me back. I chuckled as he swung back around and slid off the bed, his semi-hard cock a good indication that it definitely would've escalated if he hadn't denied me.

I laid back on the bed for a moment, admiring the way his long hair fell loose over his shoulders, long since shaken from the braid. His hair had a magical way of just returning to its usual straight locks from a braid, when mine had always stayed in the crimped haphazard mess when mine had been long enough to braid. I raked a hand through my shoulder length hair, frowning as I debated once more cutting it.

"Your hair is getting long," Hades said, making me blink and look up to see him brushing his exceptionally long hair over his shoulder so he could see to zip up his jeans without catching himself in his fly. I smirked.

"If mine's getting long, what's happened to yours?" I asked. Hades scoffed, tossing his hair back over his shoulder when it started to slip over his face again.

"I'm actually waiting on your lazy ass son to fucking call me back about a hair cut," he muttered, making me arch a brow curiously, unsure which son he was referring to until he gave me a droll look, "Who else likes to fuck with my hair?" I smiled, immediately knowing it was Akin, my second eldest. He had a particular fetish for long hair, hence why his husband's hair was rarely shorter than his shoulder blades. He was always happy to do Hades's hair, mine, Thorn's, Ambrosius's, just about anyone he could get a hold of when Hannibal was on the run from him and his new set of hairstyle ideas.

"How short are you going?" I asked, sitting up as I watched him shrug his shirt on, rolling it down over his abs and hiding the soft trail of hair that vanished into his pants. I eventually dragged myself out of bed as well to throw my clothes on.

"Thinking I should just cut it to my ears for once," Hades muttered, making me blink and snap my head up so fast I almost tripped over my pants, and Hades snorted before bursting into laughter as I had to sit on the bed to avoid face planting. I rolled my eyes at his laughter, grabbing a pillow and tossing it at him, but he caught it with ease and throw it back. I caught it no problem and dropped it on the bed, because gods knew he would get carried away and straight up beat me over the head with it.

"Why so short?" I asked, wrinkling my nose as I struggled to imagine him with short hair. It seemed almost a crime to cut his beautiful hair. I couldn't count how many hours I'd spent running my fingers through it, sniffing his hot ashy scent from its silken locks.

"Dunno, something different... I guess," Hades looked confused by his own words, which could only mean there was an emotional reason behind it, one he couldn't fathom and didn't want to consider. I smiled.

"Change can be good," I said, making him glance at me as I stood up, finishing up the zipper on my jeans, "It's inevitable. Sometimes all we can do is just go with the flow." Hades wrinkled his nose.

"Yeah, okay, Yoda. Any other wisdom you wanna impart on me?"

"Indeed. Your shirt's on backwards," I stated, pointing to the tag that was flipped up between his collarbones. He blinked, looked down, then looked back at me as I smirked, walking over to flick the tag. He rolled his eyes, shoving me away from him and I just came back so I could place a kiss on his cheek before leaving him to fix the wardrobe malfunction.