Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

"Holy fuck."

I said nothing as I stood before the human behind the glass shield, who stared up at me with mouth wide open and eyes practically bugging out of his skull. He was a tiny thing in comparison to me, barely reached my chest, but among his people, he was probably seen as tall and beefy. I could immediately hear the roaring jealousy and the horrified attraction racing around his puny brain. Plus, a heroine addict was sitting in the waiting room behind me, gaping at my ass while her twitchy brother smacked her repeatedly in the leg to get her attention.

"I'm here to visit a Mr. Gabriel... Christian." I tried not to say it like a question, because are you kidding me? What the fuck kind of fake ass name was that? How did no one look at that and think yup, that's fucking god. Human stupidity was straight up disgusting.

"Uh," the man behind the glass said, then blinked and cleared his throat, "Uhm, yes. I... May I ask the relationship to the inmate?"

"I'm his cousin once removed. Our great aunt Mary died," I added. Because if he could play with shitty names, so could I. The guy blinked a few more times, clearly struggling to cope with the shock of my presence, so I rolled my eyes and did a little work on his brain. He straightened in his seat in response and got to work filling out some fake paperwork that he was just going to accidentally throw out later on as I was leaving the building, conveniently invisible to the cameras.

Human equipment was so primitive, it was almost disappointing.

I said nothing as I was given some papers to sign with fake names, numbers, and info. I went for the pat down to ensure there was no hidden contraband, something that was met with fear from the humans who were forced to do it. Although, one of them squeezed my ass a little too tight and earned a sharp migraine for the rest of the day.

Fucking prick.

I made my way down a narrow hallway and into the visitation room. There was only two other inmates in there with their families, all of whom nearly snapped their necks trying to get a look at me. I sauntered over to a table and took a seat. Not more than a couple minutes later did a door across the room crack open and two more inmates entered.

Okay, not what I expected.

The first one was tall, perhaps almost as tall as myself. His long dark hair was coiled up into a bun with loose strands hanging in a face that was more angelically beautiful than anything masculine and rugged, even with a beard growing in. His eyes were the eeriest shade of green I'd seen, probably since Rowan's.

The second male was taller, darker in skin tone as well, with wavy black hair that was pulled into a low ponytail. His eyes were hazel, but something told me the color was totally fake and hiding the real deal.

Both of them were decked out in bright orange prison jumpsuits that didn't seem to quite fit them. Like, they were clearly too fucking big for anything the humans could manage.

"Hades," the first male greeted, and there was something oddly familiar about his tone... and I knew a second later that this guy had to be Yhwhwa. Yeah, his voice reminded me of Lucifer's. All soft and warm, which made me sick to my stomach hearing it come from this guy.

"Yhwhwa. Don't remember asking to see your friend too," I added, glancing at the other male, who cocked his head. There was something super familiar about the other guy too. I went to do a little investigation in his head, only to find myself slamming into a barrier that nearly gave me a headache and I cursed, pressing the heel of my palm to my brow.

"Anything you wish to know, you can ask for," the male replied. I scowled. Yhwhwa glanced at him.

"We're not here to fight, Ra," he said. The darker male didn't seem to argue with that and I grimaced.