Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"Wait a minute. Hold up. We're going to find God? As in, like, the God? As in, dude who flooded the mortal realm, created Adam and Eve, booted them out of the Garden of Eden God? Like, God, as in, the guy who was kinda like bros with Xiphrus and Joxeia?"

"Okay, first of all," Cain said dryly, looking at Theo, who was leaning forward on his hands on the table, "He's not the God. He's a god. And he has a name."

"His name is Yhwhwa," Charon added. Theo scowled.

"Yee who?"

"No, yow-way," Charon corrected him slowly, "His name stems from the ancient language. In fact, some say that the closest language to the ancient language that was spoken back then is actually Hebrew." Theo wrinkled his nose, mouthing the pronunciation and clearly not quite understanding it for some reason. Cain rolled his eyes and shook his head while Hades gave them a deadpan stare before sitting forward in his seat.

We had gathered in one of the meeting halls in Set's home. He was still clearly peeved at having so many people in his home, so he'd put Sept and his guards in front of our meeting, both outside the doors and only Sept standing inside the door to keep watch over us. We had also done it without inviting Michael, Xiphrus, Rowan, and Yiuwa. It felt uneasy doing this without them, but Hades was tired of them cockblocking our investigation and he was right; we couldn't do anything with Rowan around. No doubt, if we got close to the truth of the next step in the prophecy, he would do something to ruin our chances.

Besides, he and Yiuwa had their own job at the moment, which was looking into finding the chant for Tristan to sing to eliminate the Shifter in the first place. Meanwhile, Xiphrus and Michael had also jumped on board with assisting them and Hades and I agreed that it was best they remain distracted.

We already had too many people getting involved. Anymore and the Shifter was going to find out we were snooping and put a stop to it.

"So why are we searching for Yhwhwa to begin with," Zelios asked, folding his hands on the table, "I realize he may have a lead as to the next step in the prophecy, but what if he's captured by the Shifter and that is why contact has been severed?"

"He needs our help," I stated immediately, "I cannot abandon my Father when He needs me. Clearly the Shifter has no idea what the next step in the prophecy is, not quite anyway, and is kidnapping any gods that may have to do with it and Yhwhwa has become a victim of that. It is my duty to save him."

"No offense," Cain drawled, "But, uh, why wouldn't you just let him stay lost and be damned with it? Isn't he the guy who booted you out of Heaven in the first place?" I hesitated at that. I wasn't about to tell Cain that he was exhibit A for the reason I had fought so hard to have humans destroyed.

"He is still my Father," I said at last, making him frown, "It is as all of you said before in your argument to join us. Family must protect family at all costs. My Father may have made a mistake, and I may have as well, but that does not mean I will leave Him for dead at the hands of a monster."

"Good for you," Abel said sincerely, reaching across the table to touch my folded hands, his blue eyes radiating warmth, "You're a good guy, Lucifer. I knew you'd be right for Hades, especially since you're the only guy who can handle him."

"Hello," Hades deadpanned, "Sitting right here, like, two feet away." Abel gave him a droll look, then smiled at me and patted my hands before sitting back in his seat. Hades rolled his eyes.

"Anyway," he continued, "Right now, our goal is to find Yhwhwa. The others are looking into finding a tablet to defeat the Shifter. The war is to defeat the Shifter, but this battle here is to get Yhwhwa out of enemy hands. We need all information on Yhwhwa." Eyes came to me and I cleared my throat.