Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four

Tracking Thor down wasn't that big of a task.

The god couldn't hide in my territory.

I returned to La Porte and hit up all the local slave dealers... then called the authorities to launch an investigation into them. Meanwhile, I followed the trail of breadcrumbs Thor left behind, taking me right to a bar just between La Porte and Jamestown. I stepped into the bar and did a quick scan, noting that most of the patrons had cut a circle in the crowd around someone in particular sitting at the bar. I leaned over to the security guard, who scowled at me.

"You're going to want to evacuate the building in the next ten minutes," I told him, making him cock his head.

"Oh yeah? And who says?"

"Hades, bitch," I responded, making his eyes widen before he nodded and spoke quietly into his earpiece. I turned back and moved through the crowd that was slowly making their way to the exit. I stood behind the patron at the bar, putting my hands on my hips.

"I thought I told you to stay the fuck off my terf, asshole," I stated. Thor chuckled, reaching up to run his hand over his short cropped reddish-brown hair before he turned partway in his seat to face me, his hand still gripping his glass of scotch.

"And I thought I told you to stop running off with my slaves," he said, tilting his chin up to look down his nose at me. I narrowed my eyes.

"Never made a promise."

"Nor I, Greek."

"Fine. Let me be more clear this time," I stated, then sent a blast of power swirling through the room, knocking over bar stools and tables and sending Thor's hair and beard flying back from his face, "Get. The fuck. Out of my territory. Or I'm going to kill you and enjoy doing it slowly and painfully." Thor smirked at that, pushing his drink aside and sitting up straighter.

"You won't do that," he said simply, making me glare at him in challenge, "You won't risk a war over someone like Kratos, or his imp."

"I will if it means you'll keep trespassing. This can be seen as an act of war itself," I responded heatedly, getting annoyed with his cocky dance, "You come into my territory, hunt down my people. Kratos is already part of the Greek pantheon. What you did all those years ago can be seen as an act of war. If anyone should be shutting the fuck up and hiding with his tail between his legs, it should be you." Thor snorted at that, then leaned over to finish his drink before he rose to his feet and turned to face me, sizing me up, despite being two inches shorter.

"And so can you taking away my slaves."

"Again, you started this when you took Kratos. The UP council will see what you've done and call it an act of war and start choosing sides. My question for you is if you wanna start a war over a couple of slaves," I replied, making Thor curl his lip.
"How about you simply return everything you stole from me and we call it a day?" He asked, making me snort.

"Like hell. Those are people."

"Certainly, but they're also property. Which you stole from me."

"I stole nothing. I already stated to the council that slaves who enter my land are safe. They cannot be bought or sold or retrieved as property. They are living, breathing creatures who get to decide for themselves who--"

"I know what he did to you," Thor said suddenly, making me stop and go quiet, "He told me. Every. Last. Bit." I said nothing now, but I could easily picture Thor torturing Kratos into talking. Judging from how desperate Kratos was to escape Thor, something told me Thor could simply threaten him and he'd spill the beans on anything. So I wasn't pissed at Kratos. The guy was just doing what he could to save himself. I was pissed at Thor for being a nosy enough bastard to torture someone into spilling about me.