alec over the ages [iv]

[Sixty eight]

"Magn-ah-is!" Alec panted, his breathing ragged.

"Yes, dear?" Magnus smirked, although it was mostly to himself, given the fact that Alexander had his eyes rolled up the back of his head.

"You know damn well what it is, Magnus." Alec said, propping himself up on his elbows as he tried to glare at the warlock. Magnus, however, was having any of that. He merely grinned before continuing his ministrations on the shadowhunter, who clearly couldn't do anything but hum and moan with pleasure.

The sounds coming from Alec's mouth were positively sinful, and it was taking Magnus everything he had to not drop down then and there. Admittedly, having sex had become a lot more difficult lately, given Alec's bodily stature, but Magnus was determined to not let a problem as simple as age prevent him from giving his husband the pleasure he knew he deserved.

These thoughts only fuelled the determination coursing through Magnus's veins. Soon enough, Alec's ragged but steady breathing had turned into desperate pants, his fingers clutching violently at Magnus's hair. His body jerked uncontrollably under Magnus's, shaking and shuddering as it seemed to beg Magnus to just let him-

"Ah!" Alec yelled. Normally, such sounds coming out of Alec's mouth would have delighted Magnus, but this wasn't the sound of pleasure.

It was the sound of pain.

Instantly, the endorphins flowing through Magnus seemed to fall asleep, his sex drive replaced entirely with concern.

"What? What is it?" He asked, his voice laced with worry. He sat up straight to get a better look at Alec's face, immediately regretting his decision.

His husband's expression was agonizing, his eyes squeezed tight in pain.

"It's nothing, Magnus." Alec said. It obviously wasn't nothing, though. "Can we just....can we just get back to what we were doing?" Alec asked in a shaky voice, slowly unclenching his jaw.

"No." Was Magnus's firm response. He hated the look of rejection that washed across Alexander's expression, very evident in his eyes, but he wasn't going to let this slide.

"What is it?" He asked, much more gently this time.

"I...my hip." Alec said, his voice barely above a whisper. He squeezed his eyes shut and fisted his hands, trying to relieve some of the pain.

"Oh, Alexander." Magnus breathed. In that very moment, he felt like he aged another century. Not once did he give Alexander a look of sympathy, though. He knew Alec would hate it. Instead, he slowly got up and reached downwards, grasping at Alexander's pants which had been thrown carelessly on the floor. Picking them up, he brought them near the shadowhunters feet and attempted to pull them up slowly, taking care not to move his husband any more than necessary. Alec grunted, clearly still in pain, but it was obvious that he was trying his hardest not to show it.

Having accomplished what he wanted to, Magnus let out a soft, sad sigh as he traded his position at Alec's midsection for one near his head, careful not to rustle the sheets too much. He took Alec's said and placed it gently in his lap, trying to smile even though his eyes filled with moisture.

Rapidly blinking the tears away, he stroked Alec's gray, thinned out hair gently, his other hand resting on Alexander's arm, magic slowly seeing in from his fingertips.

Within seconds, Alec's labored breathing turned into soft, slow breaths. A soft smile stretched across his face as he opened his eyes, filled with gratitude, and turned to look at Magnus, who could do nothing but return Alexander's smile with a watery one of his own.