learning

in which alec might act like a child sometimes, but magnus knows very well how to get the better of him.

~

Magnus loved his boyfriend, he truly, honestly did.

When he had first met Alexander, the shadowhunter had swept him right off his feet. Being nothing short of a six foot tall Adonis, Magnus knew from the very first arrow the Lightwood had sent flying past him that he was different. That there was something special about him.

And so Magnus had fought for him. He'd pushed past his limits, he'd broken a few boundaries, he'd defied most of what he'd lived by for the past few centuries, most of what kept him sane. But in the end, it was worth it. He'd ended up with Alexander Gideon Lightwood, and he wasn't planning on changing that anytime soon.

So yeah, Magnus loved his boyfriend. But that didn't mean that said boyfriend didn't piss the crap out of him sometimes.

"Alexander," Magnus said, slowly and patiently, as if he were talking to a child. And he was, in a way. Although he preferred not to think of that. "please stop leaving your weapons lying around the house." He picked up a stray dagger that had somehow ended up in the kitchen and walked to the doorway, pointledly slamming it down on the shelf that had been fixed there for a very specific purpose before turning to glare at the man he loved, who was currently seated comfortably on the sofa, eyes fixated on the television screen.

Alec didn't even flinch.

"Technically," Alec said, raising a finger in the air. Yet, he didn't bother turning to look at Magnus. "It's my house too."

Oh, good lords.

He didn't know what had gotten into Alec, but he was being ridiculous. And this wasn't the first time Alec had decided to be annoying beyond belief, either. Every single goddamned time Magnus brought something like this up, all he received in response was an indifferent Alec who couldn't care less. Which sounded a lot like Jace, his equally annoying brother - and soulmate, in the literal sense. Initially, it had been adorable. But, like all things involving Jace, it progressively got more annoying.

"That has absolutely nothing to do with what I just told you!" Magnus said in disbelief.

"Does too." Alec argued, smirking to himself, and looking ridiculously satisfied with what he had just said. He knew exactly what he was doing, the little prick.

Well, fine. He wanted to be unreasonable? Magnus could be unreasonable.

"Hanya karena kamu mengatakan sesuatu tidak berarti itu benar." Magnus said, making sure to carefully enunciate each word, smiling as he managed to get Alec's attention. The taller man finally tore his eyes away from the mundane garbage he was watching to look at Magnus strangely, confusion etched across his face.

"Excuse me?" He said, obviously baffled with the way the tables had turned.

"Kamu mendengarku." Magnus said, crisp and clear.

"Magnus..." Alec said carefully, eyeing the warlock warily. "Is that Indonesian?"

"Oh, bagus!" Magnus said cheerily, enjoying the way Alec's face morphed from confusion to understanding to displeasure, all in a matter of seconds. "Anda tahu bahasanya."

"Magnus, you know I don't Indonesian." Alec glared at him, the soldier's frustration clearly visible.

"Pada skala dari satu sampai sepuluh apa warna alfabet favorit Anda?" Magnus said, completely out of the blue. He said it just because he could. Alec would have no idea what he was asking him anyway. Not that the question made any sense in the first place.