Chapter Eleven

"Fuck me! Gee, do something!" Voices seemed to whisper around me in harsh tones, brushing at the edges of my mind like the tip of a feather, still the blackness was all consuming and impossible to fight against. At the same time I couldn't think enough to consider why I would ever want to do that... It's so peaceful like this.

"What do you want me to do exactly? Give her mouth to mouth?" A second snapped back, this voice just as snippy and short as the first.

There was a low rumble, it vibrated against my side as if I were laying atop a vibrating cell phone. I really wanted them to go away. Was I dying? I couldn't remember who I was or why I was like this but some part of my mind seemed to believe I deserved whatever happened to me now. What had I done exactly that was bad enough to deserve death? I kept trying to pull my thoughts together but it was like trying to pull a slice of soggy bread out of a bucket of water. Everything was muddled and fell to pieces before I could grasp it.

"It was a joke, Frank." The tone wasn't reassuring or kind, still stressed and sharp.

A muffled sound tugged at my thoughts, something like a shout stifled into a pillow, and I felt that slowly I was collecting the soggy wheat pieces and seeing them a bit better. I'm Lana. I'm seventeen. I'm probably at home and left American Horror Story on too loud before falling asleep on the couch. Yeah, that's it.

I'll just wake up now and turn it down, the volume is making this spot on the side of my head ache. Wait, my shoulder and hip hurt too... did I fall off the couch again? Dammit.

"I think she's coming around," the second voice went on, followed by a sigh from the first person, before continuing. "I'm going to finish this now, you deal with her. We don't have time to waste."

This was a really weird episode, what the hell was this even about? I began to blink before forcing my eyes open, fighting against the glue that seemed to keep them shut, and my eyes were accosted with bright light. I continued to flutter my lids to adjust when a voice right beside me made them snap wide in fear. "Hey there, sleeping beauty."

Finally I woke up enough to realize it was Frank. My head had been in his lap as we sat on the uncomfortable nurse's office cot and his hazel eyes were boring down into mine. I broke our stare down as a blush crept over my cheeks, embarrassed to be in this predicament, only to have my eyes land on his crotch which --now that I was turned more into him-- was right at eye level... This of course only made my face hotter as well as other places and I mentally cursed my blood for seeming to heat up two of the most awkward body parts at once.

"I'd offer to let you see what you really want to, but there are other matters to attend to." Frank's left dropped in a suggestive wink, a smirk still dancing on his lips, and I scowled at him in an annoyed manner. Sure I'd been about to let him deflower me a few hours ago but clearly it was lucky I didn't, he could be a real cocky jerk when he wanted (which seemed to be most of the time). I still didn't appreciate his air of supremacy. He'd wanted me as bad as I'd wanted him.Right?

This annoyance helped me recover, pushing myself to sit up, shrugging off his hands as he tried to help me seeing as he was still looking smugly at me, and tried to stand. I was wobbly but I didn't care because all at once I remembered everything. It crashed down on me like tidal waves and this time I stumbled in shock. I saw Mr. Way on his knees, mopping up the last remains of the water before tossing the used hand towels into the bucket I'd splashed them with. Even worse, I saw Lucas gagged and bound again, his eyes now glaring into Mr. Way's side. Damn, if looks do could kill. Worst yet: Mrs. Smith's body lay limply on the tiled floor with a layer of the crinkly paper you put on exam tables in doctors' offices stretched over top of her like a morgue's white sheet. I felt sick to my stomach all over again.