Chapter Nineteen

Frank Iero’s POV

I sat next to the examination table, grasping Lana’s hand almost violently. She was still asleep, and one of Lucas’ men were removing the bullet. I was almost grateful for her unconsciousness, I wouldn’t be able to handle seeing her in any more pain.

“I will remove bullet now, you must hold girl.” The older man said, a Slovakian accent thick in his voice.

Did I speak too soon? I reached over and held Lana down by her shoulders; she stirred awake as the doctor’s tool entered her skin.

Her scream pierced through the air and I held back the urge to just scoop her up and run for our lives again.

I was on my way to the hospital when Lucas and his asshole friends caught up with us. They held us by gunpoint and dragged us back to this warehouse.

Lana looked into my eyes, hers filled with tears and fear. I couldn’t do this, I really couldn’t. The guilt was overcoming me. Even if we made it out of here alive I don’t think I’d ever forgive myself.

In one swift motion the doctor pulled the bullet out and held it in the air to examine it. Lana had broken into a sweat all over her body and her breathing was rapid.

“You’re doing so well love, just hold on a little longer. It’s going to be okay.” I bent down and kissed her forehead.

“I will have to go back in. Fragments remain still inside her.” The doctor spoke again, placing the bullet on a metal tray.

Lana began crying, begging for me not to let him do it again.

“Please, don’t you have any form of anesthesia?” I furrowed my eyebrows at the doctor.

“I do not.” Without warning he went back in and pulled out another piece of the bullet from her side. She screamed so loud I felt every hair on my body stand up and my heart just shatter.

The sound of scurrying feet came towards the dim lit room we were in and Lucas appeared.

“Shut that girl up.” He growled stalking over to us with a gun in hand. I stepped in front of him and pushed him back.

“Stay away from her!” I screamed.

“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you both now!” He screamed back.

My head was spinning but I had to focus, I had to say something that would save our lives, give us value.

“Lana, she’s merchandise. She’s still a virgin.” I blurted. This caused a ridiculous smirk to appear on his face.

“Are you a fucking idiot? With that wound? Nobody, and I mean NOBODY would buy her. She’d last for one fuck.” He sneered.

I tried to hold back my anger, and closed my eyes, searching my brain for something that would be of use.

“You can’t kill us because someone else knows where we are, and that person knows all about your little business. So if we were to turn up missing, he’d point fingers at you.”

Lucas’ face contorted in rage and he reached forward and socked me in the face with the handle of his gun. The little shit. If his cocksucking buddies weren’t here with their fucking guns I’d have a better hold of the situation.

“YOU’RE LYING!” He spit in my face.

“I’m not. Wanna test me? Even if I was lying the camera’s in the pizza place recorded us following you, the camera’s on the highway recorded us following you. There’s more than enough evidence that points to you if we turn up missing. Some part of you had to know this when you brought us back here.” I glared at him intently; I was getting to him. I knew it. Paranoia would eventually consume him.